Highlight Search

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 21 2015 12:02 PM

Is there a way to search a particular TEXT for a particular highlight style? I am trying to shorten some of my highlight files due to excessive lag when applying highlights. I think my files are just too big so I have decided to make highlight files that are translation specific in order to keep the size more manageable.

Bob

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

MacBook Air (2017) Mojave

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 4515
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2015 12:54 PM

Yes. You can search highlights in Basic Search and select the resource you want to search. Or you can search All Resources

Here are some search parameters.

Finds text highlighted with a specific style in your resources.

• {Highlight Style Name}
  • {Highlight Palette Name/Style Name} —> useful if multiple palettes have a style with the same name
  • {Highlight Palette Name/*} —> finds all styles in that palette
  • {Highlight "Palette/Name"/"Style/Name"} —> use quotes for palettes or styles that contain a slash in the name

For example:    {Highlight Turquoise Highlight}  —>  finds all highlights in the ‘Turquoise Highlight’ style    

{Highlight Test/Turquoise Highlight}  —>  finds highlights for the ‘Turquoise Highlight’ style in the ‘Test’ palette if the style name is not unique    

{Highlight Highlighter Pens/Orange Highlighter}    {Highlight Highlighter Pens/*}  —>  finds all highlights in the ‘Highlighter Pens’ palette.    

{Highlight "Highlight/Palette"/"Highlight/Orange"} —> finds ‘Highlight/Orange’ styles in the ‘Highlight/Palette’ palette.   

{Highlight *} —> finds all your highlight styles (very effective with Inline Search).

Labels

Posts 53
LogosEmployee
Michael Meiser (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2015 2:51 PM

Bob Deacon:
Is there a way to search a particular TEXT for a particular highlight style?

Another way to search if you are not into typing long, complex search queries is to adjust your search range. You can choose to search certain highlighter styles by clicking where it says "All Text" in your search panel.

You can then set which individual text or group of texts you want to search. This will search only the specified highlighter style in the specified text(s) for the word(s) you are interested in finding.

Hope this helps.

Free Logos Tutorials on YouTube: Digital Bible Study Made Easy

Posts 1
Doug Wilde | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 2 2019 5:23 AM

Thank you Michael, I found this very helpful and easy to do. I am horrible at typing  and remembering long search queries.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS