UPDATE MAC: Copy and Paste - Replace with Passage on latest builds (10.11b4 ... Logos 6.5 beta3

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 91
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 22 2015 9:38 AM

Copy and paste as well as Replace with passage have been a tough go on Logos for me and I see a lot of others. I prefer "Replace with Passage" as I don't have to leave my document and with a simple key stroke combination by Bible text is pasted in my lesson or sermon notes. But with the latest builds, even stable builds these features have not worked at all. So I thought I would update since that latest builds were made available this week. 

First the bad news .... Sad REPLACE WITH PASSAGE: This is still broken. When you highlight the text in Pages or Word, the service menu is to invoke the behind the scenes actions that paste the passage you want into your document. That doesn't work still. Bummer. 

Second, the good news ... Copy & Paste: This is the one used in Logos app itself from the copy Bible verses command. There you have the option to type in your needed passages and then instruct Logos where you would like those copy and pasted. For me I use Pages. Surprise Surprise Surprise, this function now works correctly - even retaining the correct format of your document (fonts and all). This is great news even though I don't like having to switch applications to paste a text. I just wished there was (maybe I don't know it) a keystroke command to invoke the "copy and paste" from the copy Bible verses window. 

Well that is my update, love to hear how it is for others. 

Posts 1770
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2015 9:42 AM

Rino M. Dattilo:
REPLACE WITH PASSAGE: This is still broken. When you highlight the text in Pages or Word, the service menu is to invoke the behind the scenes actions that paste the passage you want into your document. That doesn't work still. Bummer. 

The Replace with Passage service works fine for me (in Pages, Notes, Textedit, and wherever else I've tried it).

I am on 10.10.4, Logos 6.4 SR-3.

Posts 10740
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2015 4:24 AM

Integ:

Rino M. Dattilo:
REPLACE WITH PASSAGE: This is still broken. When you highlight the text in Pages or Word, the service menu is to invoke the behind the scenes actions that paste the passage you want into your document. That doesn't work still. Bummer. 

The Replace with Passage service works fine for me (in Pages, Notes, Textedit, and wherever else I've tried it).

I am on 10.10.4, Logos 6.4 SR-3.

It does not work with MS Word. It seems that  every time I set the checkbox(es) in the Services menu, MS Word clears them. Changing the keystroke does not seem to correct this bug.

I can set the checkboxes and leave Services Preferences open, and Replace With Passage works. But if I close the preferences panel, MS Word clears the checkbox, and Replace with passage no longer works. To me, this looks like an MS bug.

Posts 1770
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2015 1:18 PM

Jack Caviness:
It does not work with MS Word

Ah, the one I don't have!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS