Passage Guide

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
John Arnold | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 8 2010 12:38 PM

When I run the passage guide, the guide does its work, but the right side of my screen is blank.  I am not getting the default screen divisions.  Last week it worked fine.  Am I doing something wrong?  I am still learning all the new things of L4.  Thanks for your help!

John Arnold

Posts 33738
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 12:59 PM

JohnArnold:
When I run the passage guide, the guide does its work, but the right side of my screen is blank.  I am not getting the default screen divisions

If you have nothing else open, the right side would be empty. The only defaults are ones you set yourself (see videos on layouts). Go to the library tab and open your favorite Bible ... it will open on the right side. It's an easy way of showing you how Logos fills the panes.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1666
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 2:15 PM

JohnArnold:
When I run the passage guide, the guide does its work, but the right side of my screen is blank.  I am not getting the default screen divisions.

John are you running the Passage Guide from the Home Page or from the "Guides" Menu?

Clicking on "Go" on the Home Page should bring up a Passage Guide plus the "divisions" and "resources" (ie. A bible pane; a commenary pane; an information window and a text comparison window.) HOWEVER this did take a while.

WARNING - if what you choose to open is typed incorrectly and is not speltcorrectly you might only receive a search window. (eg. try typing "pslam" instead of "psalm" and see what happens Sad)

Also - have you customized your "My Passage Guide"? This can result in only a passage guide plus a "open" side of the screen.

Because there are a number of different ways this might be occuring, perhaps you could provide a little more information?

Regards, SteveF

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS