Bible Outline Browser

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 35
Beth | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 25 2015 12:36 PM

When I open the Bible Outline Browser nothing is generated when I put a passage in the reference box either under 'read' or 'compare' Only the particular verse numbers are listed vertically but are partially appear cut off.  I have the Logos 6 crossgrade on a Macbook Pro.  All of the other interactive resources are functioning. 

I also notice that no outlines are generated when I do a passage guide search, whereas all the other sections under passage guide generate information.

Thanks for the help.

Beth

Posts 41
RichGrif | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 3:10 PM

I have the same problem  Only one commentary appears--one I never use.  I must be missing a step here.  Is there some sort of filter I must establish to use?   Any help would be appreciated.

Posts 21877
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 3:42 PM

Hi Beth

Beth:

When I open the Bible Outline Browser nothing is generated when I put a passage in the reference box either under 'read' or 'compare' Only the particular verse numbers are listed vertically but are partially appear cut off.  I have the Logos 6 crossgrade on a Macbook Pro.

Which crossgrade do you have?

and do you have any Bible dictionaries and commentaries? The information in the browser is extracted from these type of resources in your library

Posts 21877
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 3:44 PM

RichGrif:

I have the same problem  Only one commentary appears--one I never use.  I must be missing a step here.  Is there some sort of filter I must establish to use?   Any help would be appreciated.

Only some commentaries have currently been tagged for use in this browser

What passage are you looking at, what commentary are you seeing and what other commentaries do you have?

Posts 41
RichGrif | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 3:55 PM

Graham--thanks for responding.  I was looking at passages in Romans, Ephesians and Revelation.  The Believer's Bible Commentary shows up in all three passages and additionally in the Romans passage the CPNIVC:RV1 shows up as well.  Nothing else even though I have most of the popular commentary series.

Posts 35
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 5:41 PM

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I have the Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade.  I have many Bibles including NASB95, NIV, ESV, NKJV  and many commentaries such as Bible Knowledge Commentary, Annotated Bible Commentary, IVP, Lange's Pulpit Commentary along with many others.

Beth

Posts 21877
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 11:19 PM

RichGrif:
The Believer's Bible Commentary shows up in all three passages and additionally in the Romans passage the CPNIVC:RV1 shows up as well.  

For Romans I get 23 outlines. I don't have the Believer's Bible Commentary so that doesn't show in mine but the results I do get are shown in the two screenshots below

For comparison purposes Do you have any of those resources?

RichGrif:
Nothing else even though I have most of the popular commentary series.

The fact that it is popular doesn't necessarily mean it has been tagged yet.

Posts 21877
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 11:22 PM

Beth:
 I have many Bibles including NASB95, NIV, ESV, NKJV  and many commentaries such as Bible Knowledge Commentary, Annotated Bible Commentary, IVP, Lange's Pulpit Commentary along with many others.

Bibles don't provide information for this tool but, as per my screenshot above, the Bible Knowledge Commentary is tagged.

Below I have a screenshot for this for the start of Romans showing, among other things, the BKC outline

You mentioned you were on a Mac. I wonder if there is a Mac-specific issue here. Can you post a screenshot showing what you get?

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2015 3:04 AM

Graham Criddle:
You mentioned you were on a Mac. I wonder if there is a Mac-specific issue here.

Works correctly for me in 6.5 Beta 3 Mac OS 10.10.4

Graham—I did notice that I cannot Print/Export an outline. Can you do this is the Windows version?

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2015 8:58 AM

Jack Caviness:
Graham—I did notice that I cannot Print/Export an outline. Can you do this is the Windows version?

Not Graham, but no. There is not Print/Export option in Windows.

This seems to be the case with all the Interactives: no Print/Export capability.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 35
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2015 9:22 AM

The above screen shot is what I get when I input the verse range and search.

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2015 9:57 AM

Beth, please take another screen shot. This time select the Read view and expand the LH panel by clicking on the double arrows in the LH margin (if that panel isn't showing).  It will look something like this:

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 41
RichGrif | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2015 11:30 AM

Graham---I do have several of the commentaries you listed and they do not show up.  There is an issue here as I get the same wrong results when viewing the Outline section in the Passage Guide.

Posts 35
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2015 1:10 PM

Here is the requested screen shot in 'read' view:

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2015 1:33 PM

Beth, you should see the Bible Knowledge Commentary.  I would suggest a call to Support. It is possible there may be a database problem. Perhaps it is an indexing problem. They should be able to sort things out.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9080
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2015 1:35 PM

RichGrif:
Graham---I do have several of the commentaries you listed and they do not show up.  There is an issue here as I get the same wrong results when viewing the Outline section in the Passage Guide.

My advice is to contact Support. Both you and Beth are having problems that don't have a clear origin and they are the ones to deal with that. If no one else chimes in with a suggestion soon, give them a call.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 41
RichGrif | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2015 7:44 PM

Thanks for checking.  I did contact support earlier and they referred me to the Forums. I will recheck with them.  

Posts 35
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2015 9:50 PM

Mark,

Thank you for all of your help.  I will contact Support.

Beth

Posts 35
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2015 7:34 AM

Update:  This morning I was looking around at the support/wiki articles and saw the 'rebuild index' command suggestion as a troubleshooting idea.  I did it and now I have the Bible Outline Browser working perfectly. Smile 

Beth

Posts 21877
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2015 7:45 AM

Hi Beth

Beth:
This morning I was looking around at the support/wiki articles and saw the 'rebuild index' command suggestion as a troubleshooting idea.  I did it and now I have the Bible Outline Browser working perfectly

So pleased you have it working and many thanks for reporting back and letting us know

I wasn't aware that an issue with the index could have these symptoms and it is helpful to know.

Graham

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS