resource missing

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 9 2010 3:12 AM

why would I be one resource "short" on one of my L4 installations?  My church desktop is one less than my laptop.  Both are running the same install (Beta 7. Note to Dave Hooten: posting here because I don't think this is Beta specific! Wink

I have closed/reopened, run "update resources", etc.  Still one shy.

Thanks!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 3:25 AM

Do you have the sermon file addin on one computer which has created a book of user sermons on one machine but not on the other?

EDIT: Or something similar to that?

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 3:54 AM

Kevin Becker:

Do you have the sermon file addin on one computer which has created a book of user sermons on one machine but not on the other?

EDIT: Or something similar to that?

Kevin, i don't know.  I DO own the addin.  That should be reflected on all machines, right?  And I have not recently created any sermon file, (that I remember, since November).  But wouldn't that be synced, just like notes, etc?  (and thanks Kevin.  Your desire to help is always noted and appreciated)

Dan

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 4:07 AM

I don't think usersermons.lbxlls (or something like that) syncs, I could be wrong... check both your computers. My thinking is that book is copied from your Libronix installation. So, if that book isn't in both your computers in the Libronix resource folder then you won't have it in the Logos 4 library. I could be wrong though.... cause my laptop has my sermon file book and I don't remember doing anything to get it there. Or, my memory could be bad Smile.

There was a thread earlier about using some kind of file compare utility... you might be able to track down the difference in resources using something like that.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 4:32 AM

Beyond Compare (http://www.scootersoftware.com/) is an excellent compare utility and free.  Just do a folder compare of the two resource folders, it will tell you what file is missing. Copy that file SOMEWHERE ELSE on your computer that is missing it, then do SCAN <folder> from the command box to pick it up and index it.

Posts 27257
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 5:30 PM

Dan DeVilder:
(Beta 7. Note to Dave Hooton: posting here because I don't think this is Beta specific! Wink

I'm following your posts very carefullyWink

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 5:51 PM

Dave Hooton:

Dan DeVilder:
(Beta 7. Note to Dave Hooton: posting here because I don't think this is Beta specific! Wink

I'm following your posts very carefullyWink

Big SmileBig Smile ahh, mannnn, THANKS for the hearty laugh!!!! I really needed that.  have a great night (or day . . .whatever it is wherever you are!)

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 5:52 PM

Dominick Sela:
Beyond Compare (http://www.scootersoftware.com/) is an excellent compare utility and free.

it looks like this is free as a trial, right?

Posts 27257
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 5:56 PM

BC has a free trial only   - but you get a lot of time!

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS