How to do Psalms Title in PB-Bible

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 7978
LogosEmployee

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Schumitinu:
Or is there a way to mark it as 'title'?

I'm not at a computer where I can check this, but I think "[[@BibleLEB:Ps 3:title]]" should work. (Logos calls the BHS v1 the "title" verse in most English versemaps.)

I was wrong. The original LEB versemap did not support "title" verses in Psalms. When we fixed this, we kept the original versemap around (for backwards compatibility) and called the new one (which the current LEB uses) "BibleLEB2".

Thus "[[@BibleLEB2:Ps 3:title]]" should work in your PB. It might not fix all your other problems, though; LEB2 doesn't have a "Gen 32:33" verse, or "Ex 7:26-29", etc.

Where did you originally get your verse numbers?

Posts 7978
LogosEmployee

I plugged the following references from your error log into the system, and I found no built-in Bible data type that can accept them all:

Ge 32:33Ex 7:29Le 5:26Dt 28:69Ps 3:title1Sa 21:161Ch 5:41Ps 150:title

NJB was the closest, but it doesn't support titles on Pss 146, 148-150.

Posts 569
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 6:01 PM

Thanks Bradley for looking into this.

I used Michael Schierlm's Bible Multi Converter - Logos Edition (https://github.com/schierlm/BibleMultiConverter). It has a Logos versification detector which suggests which versemap goes best with the Bible you want to convert. It suggested LEB. However, at that time the initial verses on psalms where all messed up. Some titles were a separate verse, some went together with what commonly is verse one etc. So I tried to clean it up. And since the print version of that Bible has the titles separate, not part of verse one, I looked into how this can be done. And that's were things got messed up. I'll try your suggestions. I already noticed that Ps 146, 148-150 generally are not considered as having a title.

Thanks again

Posts 569
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 6:03 PM

Mark Barnes:

When I built the verse maps Wiki page, I didn't add support for Psalm titles, but I can see that it is needed. I'm away at the moment, but I'll try and see if it can be updated when I get back. 

Thanks, Mark. Greatly appreciated 

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS