Logos 4 Installation Not Working on Windows 10

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Nick Tam | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 18 2015 10:47 AM

I'm trying to install Logos 4 on a new laptop that has Windows 10 on it.  When I click the Logos4setup.exe it proceeds to download some files and then the screen disappears.  After a few minutes, a error screen comes up (screenshot attached to this post), so I know that the installer was running in the background.  After I click ok, the installer seems to restart and I'm able to program installer.  After I complete the installation, I tried to open Logos 4 for the first time, but it keeps crashing and I cannot even open it.  

I've uninstalled, and reinstalled several times and same problem exists.  I've also tried running both the installer and program in compatibility mode, but still crashes on me.  I've attached the two logs I see in the temp folder.

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 10:49 AM

There's no reason to use Logos 4 on Windows 10. It's not supported.

You should update to the Logos 6 core engine for free here: https://www.logos.com/product/46767/logos-6-core-engine 

Posts 2
Nick Tam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 11:04 AM

The Logos 6 engine installed just fine!

Will I be able to use all my resources that I paid with from logos 4?

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2015 11:05 AM

Nick Tam:
Will I be able to use all my resources that I paid with from logos 4?

Yes you will. One or two of the L4 tools have changed a little, but all your L4 resources will work just fine.

Posts 4
Jeffery Bentley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2015 7:30 PM

Mark,

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Win 8 Logos 4 was working UNTIL I downloaded the free book of the month and then tried to open Logos 4 and it just sits there and says updating library FOREVER. So I downloaded the Core 6 engine and tried to double click on it to start the install but it never starts. Thanks for any help that you can give me I appreciate it.

Jeff Bentley

Posts 25039
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2015 8:21 PM

Jeffery Bentley:
So I downloaded the Core 6 engine and tried to double click on it to start the install but it never starts.

You double-click LogosSetup.exe and nothing happens? Upload (via the paperclip icon) the LogosSetup.log from Documents\Logos Log Files, or look in your \temp folder.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4
Jeffery Bentley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 6:30 PM

Thanks so much guys for pointing me in the right direction. I figured out that 3 apps in my Windows startup folder were jamming things up so I disabled them, then uninstalled Logos 3 and 4 and downloaded and installed the Logos 6 core engine and signed in and Viola! the setup file installed and then started downloading all my resources from Logos 3 and 4. Very cool and smooth. No more disc swapping to "discover resources". Nice touch Logos! It just keeps getting better. God Bless.

Grace,

Jeff Bentley

Posts 10
Josué Pineda | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2015 10:47 PM

I had some things in L4 that I want to recover (i.e. graphical query).

What should I do?

Posts 21998
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2015 11:37 PM

Josué Pineda:
I had some things in L4 that I want to recover (i.e. graphical query).

Do you mean the graphical query facility from Libronix?

If so, that exact functionality hasn't been made available in Logos 6 (or 4 or 5). If you mean something else post start a new thread in the Logos 6 forum and explain what you are looking for.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS