New Jerusalem Bible with Complete study notes

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 55 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3002
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2017 2:29 PM

It would likely be helpful for people who particularly want this Bible to take the time to make good arguments of real length as to why fellow customers should order it.

Posts 196
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2017 4:50 PM

SineNomine:

It would likely be helpful for people who particularly want this Bible to take the time to make good arguments of real length as to why fellow customers should order it.

I believe that Dan made an eloquent argument for its inclusion in the Logos/Verbum earlier in this thread.

Agape,

Steve

Posts 1382
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 6:01 AM

Any Logos users in Vatican? I assume they could help this for the international user community, then we could easily get the bar growing?

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 10:03 AM

Someone from DLT who is on here would be better.

-Dan

Posts 3002
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 4:01 PM

Stephen Terlizzi:
I believe that Dan made an eloquent argument for its inclusion in the Logos/Verbum earlier in this thread.

Yes. But more would not hurt, especially since for the last while this thread has mostly consisted of Bumps and suchlike.

Posts 1382
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 20 2017 6:36 AM

Veli Voipio:

Now it looks like the red bar is 65%. A month ago it was 62%. With this speed it ill take 11 months to the start of "under construction".

The above statement was written 10th January. Now I calculated the bar is at 67.5%. Slowing down - needs 13 months more Snail

Any progress in global availability?

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 21
Diederick Putter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 12:04 PM

This bible will not be available to international customers. I'm not sure why Logos would waste time on building a resource that can only be used by selected privileged customers. There is far more important resources that should be considered instead of this bible. 

Posts 4870
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 12:59 PM

Veli Voipio:

Veli Voipio:

Now it looks like the red bar is 65%. A month ago it was 62%. With this speed it ill take 11 months to the start of "under construction".

The above statement was written 10th January. Now I calculated the bar is at 67.5%. Slowing down - needs 13 months more Snail

Any progress in global availability?

FL needs to pursue international licensing for this resource if they are not already doing so behind the scenes. 

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 10:54 AM

BUMP

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 10:57 AM

Diederick Johannes Putter:

This bible will not be available to international customers. I'm not sure why Logos would waste time on building a resource that can only be used by selected privileged customers. There is far more important resources that should be considered instead of this bible. 

Right or wrong FL largest customer  base is within North America and they have done this in the past, also in the past international rights has occasionally been obtained afterwards so to imply it will never benefit those international customers is not necessarily the case.

-dan

Posts 1382
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 5:26 AM

New year - it is time to try to get this for the global customer base.

Time is on our side: new decisionmakers might be there, and negotiations could succeed with them

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 7:50 AM

Also while a Revised version is coming this year, the new notes do not seem overly an improvement from the brief exposure I have had to it (less scholarly and more doctrinal as well as being shorter). Now it must be said I do not have a copy of the RNJB, just reviews I have read. 

-dan

Posts 10031
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 8:36 AM

Dan Francis:

Also while a Revised version is coming this year, the new notes do not seem overly an improvement from the brief exposure I have had to it (less scholarly and more doctrinal as well as being shorter). Now it must be said I do not have a copy of the RNJB, just reviews I have read. 

-dan

Uh, oh. I just wanted the notes ... not the doctrine. Nabre's notes remain good. Safe so far (no offense to doctrine people).

Posts 3
Ira Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 10:38 AM

I bought the NJB readers edition, was not sure if the "preorder" of the complete at least would give the readers until/if the complete comes out.  So if I pay the preorder will the complete actually come out some day? of should I just skip it?

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 12:24 PM

It will be very well worth it if it comes out... the notes are very good.

-dan

Posts 3
Ira Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2019 1:00 PM

yea I have a hard copy of the NJB coming.  I did the pre order also.

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS