13a - Keyboard Shortcuts and Focus

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 10 2010 3:21 PM

The Mac Alpha has reached to point where I find it useable on a daily basis. The one thing that I really struggle with, however, is the reliance on the use of the keyboard *and* the mouse. It would be really useful if:

a) The focus of the cursor shifts to the logical next step following a command. So, for example, once the search dialog has been opened, the cursor should be in the search box ready for me to start typing. As it is now, I can open the search box using Cmd-Shift-S, but I have to move my hand to the mouse to locate the cursor in the search box before I can start typing again.

b) Keyboard shortcuts are implemented for more of the regularly-used features. For example: Cmd-B could be used to open the Bible and/or move the cursor to the passage box in the Bible window. This would allow me to press Cmd-B then immediately start typing a reference, then hit return to jump to the reference.

Basically, I'm asking for key workflows to be achieved by keyboard alone.

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 11
Paul Backhurst | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 11:59 AM

Here, here.

This exactly what I miss since giving up BibleWorks on the Windows platform!

Using the Function keys to give focus to various parts of the screen, and having focus readily available where one wants to type.

And additional comment to the above posting:
When filling a search field in Search and L4 comes up with the Bible book, why can't I just use the down-arrow to select this? Instead one has to use the mouse and point and click!

Granted, I use Adobe products all day where keyboard shortcuts are THE way of working... hopefully all this is just not yet implemented and will arrive, because the above mentioned search behaviour with down-arrow can be used in some parts of L4.

There's my ha'penny's worth!

Kind regards, Paul 

MacBook Pro 13.3 inch • 2.26 GHz • Intel Core 2 Duo • 8GB Memory • Snow Leopard 10.6.3 • 1 TB HDD

Posts 11
Paul Backhurst | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 12:01 PM

I do of course mean: hear, hear!

I really have been living too long in Holland!

MacBook Pro 13.3 inch • 2.26 GHz • Intel Core 2 Duo • 8GB Memory • Snow Leopard 10.6.3 • 1 TB HDD

Posts 191
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 1:43 PM

Keyboard shortcuts greatly simplify things all the way around. I am sure they will be implemented eventually, since they do work at least to some extent on the windows side. However, I think that a greater allowance for keyboard usage would be great. Of course my ideal would be for Logos to setup a function map such as many games offer to allow users to map specific keys to specific functions.  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS