The Complete Biblical Library

Page 5 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 84 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 881
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 12:56 AM

Bill Shewmaker:

Stein Dahl:
The Program Which Must Not Be Named only started offering the "The Complete Biblical Library" a couple of months ago - so there is no way that they have had an exclusive deal with the publishers for 7 years.
Stein, I was at a Convention back in November and they were selling it there with the statement that they had exclusive rights to "epublish"...and if I recall correctly, it would be for at least 7 years, maybe more, from that point.

Revisiting this thread from 9 years later, hoping that the esclusivity has ended. But I still wonder how to find the publisher to contact Logos about this. At the very least I hope they can try putting it in pre-pub and see if people has any "gathering interest".

Posts 2279
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 1:04 AM

Terry Poperszky:

STOPITSTOPITSTOPIT!

According to the forum rules competing products must be referred to as "The Program Which Must Not Be Named"!!!

This is way to long to type all the time. Could we just call all such programs "Voldemort"? Stick out tongue

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 11:23 AM

ACCORDANCE

WORDSearch

OLIVETREE

Faithlife does not care if these companies are mentioned just do not mention them to say COMPANY X has such a better deal on product Y or Logos sucks compared to X program (now that said they are open to hearing why COMPANY X program is better for A B and C  as means of constructive criticism. What is definitely verboten is sharing a link to a competitor's product. As a fan of Accordance I have had discussions with the various merits of both software and been told by Phil Gons that it was not crossing the line indeed the only time I officially was rebuked and in a private email by Bob was complaining about the limitations of the the then mobile app verses the the as yet unreleased Accordance app because as he pointed out if memory serves in effect I am comparing a released product with some ethereal unknown (my wording of the gist of the email). Which I agreed and apologized for. That is not to say I like others have not skirted really close to the edge on these issues when mentioned ANOTHER software company has a great sale on Bible Speaks Today go search for it. Even in these cases I do not remember being sanctioned by FL even though that really is pushing it. All in all FL does seem to want a free flow of discussion just no direct promotion of competitors nor negative comments on their software (constructive criticism always seems welcome, even when on some issues it feels like we are merely tilting at windmills)...

-Dan 

Posts 431
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2019 9:59 PM

Kolen Cheung:

Bill Shewmaker:

Stein Dahl:
The Program Which Must Not Be Named only started offering the "The Complete Biblical Library" a couple of months ago - so there is no way that they have had an exclusive deal with the publishers for 7 years.
Stein, I was at a Convention back in November and they were selling it there with the statement that they had exclusive rights to "epublish"...and if I recall correctly, it would be for at least 7 years, maybe more, from that point.

Revisiting this thread from 9 years later, hoping that the esclusivity has ended. But I still wonder how to find the publisher to contact Logos about this. At the very least I hope they can try putting it in pre-pub and see if people has any "gathering interest".

YesYesYes

Posts 881
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2019 12:06 PM

I've found that there's actually a uservoice for this: https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/forums/308269-book-suggestions/suggestions/36931606-complete-biblical-library

Does anyone know if this is official Logos business or not?

Page 5 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS