Bible Sense Search: supernatural beings

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 7 2015 2:37 AM

I did the following search:

<sense supernatural being> ANDNOT <sense God (Israelites)>

What I wanted to do is get all verses that talk about supernatural beings except God. The search however also excluded verses that had both, God and a supernatural being in it. So I miss some instances that talk about supernatural beings because of that. Is there a way around it? Or do I have to type in all 20 entities separately?

Posts 10691
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 2:44 AM

Your result is expected behavior - however, what you want to see is not verses with SN beings minus the verses with God (your search), but verses with SN beings where the individual hit is not a reference to God. This would be done not with a Boolean expression, but a proximity search like sense SN being NOT WITHIN 0-0 WORDS sense God  (i.e. the same search hit for SN being is not tagged with God). I'm not at my Logos machine right now to tweak the correct syntax for the search, but try in this direction.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 4:32 AM

Thanks, MB.Mick. I knew that my query produced what it was asked to produce. I just didn't know how to correct it. Your suggestion didn't work neither, but it brought me onto the right path. Here it is:

<sense supernatural being> NOTEQUALS <sense God (Israelite)>

Thanks for your help

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS