Home page black Morphology Charts not working

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
David Hagey | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 8 2015 2:50 PM

New customer to Logos 6

The home screen has been black since purchase.  I have called support. They looked through my computer, but they could not solve it.  I have tried all suggestions I could find.  It was working briefly, but it is not working again.

Specs:

Dell Latitude E5520
Windows 7, 64 bit, SP1
Video driver  - Intel HD Graphics 3000, driver version 9.17.10.4229 5/26/2015 - current
ran chkdsk - no issues
no conflicts with any hardware
Windows Update is current.

All other software is working fine on my computer.

Ran In-place reinstallation of Windows 7
Ran .Net Framework Repair tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135
Ran recommended troubling shooting by third party software:  Verified .Net Framework is working with verification tool: 
            .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool           http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Uninstalled/Reinstalled .Net Framework - ran other third party that totally wipes .Net Framework from registry and then reinstalled.

I was told by Customer Support to contact Dell, but if it is only happening with this software - you know what Dell will say:  It's the Logos software. Everything else on my laptop is working fine - even better since windows reinstall.

Here are the screen shots:

Home Screen Black

Morphology Charts

Morphology charts

Should Net Framework NGEN listed in System Configuration/Services (highlighted in yellow in picture below) be running? Tried to get it to start in Computer Management/Services but can't - provided it should be running.

Net Framework stopped

Any suggestions? HELP - Totally exasperated.

David

Posts 6
David Hagey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 8:05 AM

Posts 7922
LogosEmployee

This really looks like a video driver problem; unfortunately, since you say you already have the latest version of the driver, I don't really have any suggestions of how to fix it.

(.NET Framework NGEN is unrelated to this problem.)

FWIW, we had another customer with an unusual problem on the home page that we were unable to reproduce in-house or fix. But she updated her computer to Windows 10 and that fixed the issue. I'm not saying that that would help this specific problem, but if you were already considering a free Windows 10 update it could be worth doing that first before we spend more time looking into this issue.

Posts 6
David Hagey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 8:49 AM

I am going to revert to a previous driver version to see if that helps...

David

Posts 6
David Hagey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 5:11 PM

Well, this is extremely frustrating:

1. Removed current/newest graphics driver
  2. Rebooted
  3. Installed original graphics driver
  4. Rebooted - Logos 6 home page worked
  5. Upgraded newest driver
  6. Rebooted - Logos 6 worked
  7. Closed Logos 6 and reopened - back to black home pageSad
Posts 6
David Hagey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 7:32 AM

The original graphics driver  works, so will use that. Conventional tech wisdom recommends installing new drivers.  In this case, installing the oldest driver worked.  Perhaps this will help someone else.

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

David: for reference, can you post the driver version that you've found to work?

Posts 6
David Hagey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 1:43 PM

The original version I installed that works is the “Intel HD Graphics Family” - version 8.15.10.22.66  12/16/2010

Software listing in Control Panel/Programs: “Intel Processor Graphics”

The Dell driver update utility recommends diver update to installation of Intel HD, HD 2000/2500/3000/4000 Graphics Driver, Version 9.17.10.3040, A12.

If you update per Dell recommendation, this changes the graphics driver to Intel HD Graphics 3000 (The driver I had installed at the time of purchasing Logos 6) I have had trouble running this driver with Logos 6. For reference, please note my OS in original post above.

I have reverted to the original driver.

David

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS