Improve Logos Performance on a PC

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 778
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 9:00 AM

Doc B:

JRS:
Here you go!  You can browse various SSD benchmarks to your heart's delight at the following website ... 

That's awesome, or would be, if I could understand it. No speakie-de-inglais. And I'm old. I can't even set my Betamax to tape a show anymore.

Just tell me which one (or two or three) to buy.

Big Smile

If you are looking for a solid, sata3 or PCi-e SSD with very good performance at a very reasonable price, the Samsung 850 EVO line is very tough to beat. 

If you have the $$ and have a need for speed, I would go for the Intel 750 or wait until their Optane line comes out in 2016 (Micron will have their version of the Optane, too).

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 9:38 AM

JRS:
If you are looking for a solid, sata3 or PCi-e SSD with very good performance at a very reasonable price, the Samsung 850 EVO line is very tough to beat.

The EVO line is consistently available at a cost that represents great value for the money.

Almost ANY SSD will boost performance as compared with almost any traditional HDD. If you're budget is tight simply buy what you can afford and you won't regret doing so. Bruce's practice of obtaining extended purchase protection is good to consider.

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 1896
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 10:20 AM

Samsung 850 Pro. Have one, love it. Also have a Samsung 840 Pro from when it was king of the hill - love it, too.

-Donnie

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 10:57 AM

I have an 850 Pro also Donnie, was surprised at how much faster it was compared to my previous Intel SSD.

Linden

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS