words not highlighted in Senses section of Bible Word Study like they are in Translation section and on training video

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5
John Long IV | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 18 2015 1:25 PM

On the QuickStart videos of the Bible Word Study Guide if you are in the Translation section and click on the center Greek word all of the translations appear and the english translation of the greek word is highlighted yellow.  

In the Senses section if you click on the center Greek word, nothing happens, if you click one of the sections of the circle or if you expand one of the senses by clicking on the small arrow to the left of the sense, many verses appear but no words are highlighted and some verses are very difficult to determine the words that were actually translated with that sense without individually looking them up.  

On the QuickStart videos for Logos Bible Software v. 6 on the Bible Word Study video, Morris Proctor expands his senses section and the translated words are highlighted in yellow.

I have the Baptist Diamond Package using 

Logos Bible Software 6.5 SR-1

on an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) 

My library is up to date and synced and has been indexed.

I tried to paste screen shots of the QuickStart video and of my screen unsuccessfully, this is my first Forum Post.

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2015 3:23 PM

John Long IV:
In the Senses section if you click on the center Greek word, nothing happens,

This is by design. The Greek word in the center is a lemma. The words or phrases outside the ring are the senses. This section is focused on sense.

John Long IV:
many verses appear but no words are highlighted

I am not sure why you results are not highlighted. I am running Windows and it works fine. Perhaps it is a Mac issue.

Posts 5
John Long IV | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2015 4:45 PM

Thank you for your response, it is helpful to know that it does highlight on your computer.

Posts 5
John Long IV | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2015 9:34 AM

I figured it out.  The Senses section uses your default bible translation.  Mine is the HCSB, and it is not an interlinear version.  I changed my default bible to NASB and that solved the problem.

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2015 2:23 PM

Good to hear.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS