Classic Commentary Collection Rules?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
James Fowler | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 23 2015 7:52 AM

I am going to be adding this set to my library: https://www.logos.com/product/54905/the-complete-classic-commentaries-bundle-20

I already have a lot of these volumes and It got me thinking how would I build a collection featuring all of my classic commentaries (i.e. older than say 50yrs) I know with a lot of the public domain materials the copyright dates are not always correct since Logos is providing the date which they put it into their format, so any suggestions for building a "Classic Commentary Collection?" 

Posts 610
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2015 9:39 AM

James G. Fowler:

I am going to be adding this set to my library: https://www.logos.com/product/54905/the-complete-classic-commentaries-bundle-20

I already have a lot of these volumes and It got me thinking how would I build a collection featuring all of my classic commentaries (i.e. older than say 50yrs) I know with a lot of the public domain materials the copyright dates are not always correct since Logos is providing the date which they put it into their format, so any suggestions for building a "Classic Commentary Collection?" 

James, it will take a little bit of work if you haven't tagged any of the ones you already have, but you can set up the collection by using: mytag:"Classic Commentaries"   I bought most, if not all, of my "Classic Commentaries" when they were in community pricing and as they became available, I tagged them as "Classic Commentary." By buying the bundle, you should be able apply a similar tag to all of them at one time. I also tag each commentary with the name of the book that it is commenting on, i.e., "Romans" or "1 John" so that I can separate them into their own collection that way as well.

Posts 16
James Fowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2015 10:15 AM

Thank you very much, I had not utilized Tagging before but your comments encouraged me to do some tagging! Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS