Why this month's verbum freebie + one may be of interest to Protestants

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3649
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 1 2015 1:08 AM

This month's selection is: 101 Quick Questions with Catholic Answers: Marriage, Divorce, and Annulment (free) and 101 Quick Questions with Catholic Answers: Sexuality ($ 0.99).

If you are in conversation with people who are Roman Catholics, these can be helpful resources to understand how these issues are portrayed. Moreover, although I have not read these books and disagree with what is distinctively Roman Catholic, there can be, in resources of the kind, nicely presented topical discussions of biblical materials on these topics. They also include discussions of sexual ethics and issues such as homosexuality, divorce, and abortion.

So perhaps something to check out even if you are Protestant:

https://verbum.com/free-book-of-the-month

Posts 2248
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 3:10 AM

That's last month's promotion. Better hurry fast if you want to grab the two books!

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1576
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 5:05 AM

Thank you. Grabbed 101 Quick Questions with Catholic Answers: Sexuality ($ 0.99) just in time.

Posts 1775
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 7:15 AM

Kenute P. Curry:

Thank you. Grabbed 101 Quick Questions with Catholic Answers: Sexuality ($ 0.99) just in time.

Big Smile Beer

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 3649
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 12:15 AM

This month's is also very interesting, even for Protestants: two commentaries from the Sacra Pagina series: the freebie is on Revelation and the plus one on Mark.

Posts 962
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 10:53 AM

Thanks Francis, Thanks to you I got this months even if I missed last months! Please keep passing information on.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS