Opening Proclaim from Taskbar glitched?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Shannon Randall | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 4 2015 8:20 AM

I have Proclaim pinned to my taskbar in Windows. After updating the program this morning, I noticed that, while the splash screen will load when clicking the taskbar icon, it opens a new instance of the program in the taskbar after that. So I have two Proclaim icons, and the second one is the only one active once the program is fully opened.

On my personal laptop, as well as the Church laptop that runs the slides, this is the case.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2015 9:10 AM

Thanks for the report. I know this was an issue with the first 1.30 release but it should have been fixed. I'll follow up with the developer to see if there is an issue related to updating.

Posts 140
LogosEmployee
Nick Ericson (Proclaim) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2015 10:28 AM

What version of Proclaim and Windows are you running?

In Proclaim 1.30.0.714 these icons should be unified unless you created the icon on your taskbar by pinning it yourself or dragging the Proclaim shortcut for an earlier version of Proclaim to the taskbar.

However, the Proclaim installer should create a shortcut on your desktop when it is installed. If you have the shortcut on your desktop try running it to verify it executes the latest version of Proclaim - if it is working then delete/unpin the shortcut on your taskbar and drag the shortcut from you desktop there.

Let me know if this doesn't work or if you would like more details on how to do this.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS