Is it really the Encyclopedia Britannica as we might of thought?

Page 2 of 14 (262 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 261 Replies | 21 Followers

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 3:44 AM

Jan Krohn:
By the way, can anyone confirm the other marketing promises? Look up a biblical person, place, event, or date range in the Timeline, and Logos pulls together information drawn from EBNE and other resources in your library. In a glance you’ll make new connections between biblical events, people, and places.

I don't have access to the timeline. I've been thinking about a base package that includes the timeline just because of the EBNE, but that's more or less moot now...

It is not possible to confirm this at this point in time because Logos released this before the software was ready to handle this:

Ben Amundgaard:
One quick note on this: because we wanted to get this out to people as fast as possible, we're shipping it before the software update that will expose LCV and Timeline data. This update should ship within ~2 weeks of the resource's ship date. It shouldn't affect things too much, but I wanted to give you a heads up.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/116686/766286.aspx#766286

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 3:50 AM

Add me to the list poised to get refund, this is not what I expected at all. Given all the requests for information, it's incredible IMHO that "Oops we forgot to tell you it was Compton's" didn't EVER come up. The difference in articles is huge, and what appears to be very untrustworthy.

Waiting for Faithlife response, they deserve at least a chance to respond.

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 4:03 AM

Mark Barnes:
I simply do not understand why Faithlife has allowed this to happen. The content is clearly written for children, not for adults.

Wow, I find this hard to believe but the evidence is mounting. How could this happen?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 4:40 AM

Mark Barnes:
I simply do not understand why Faithlife has allowed this to happen. The content is clearly written for children, not for adults. The selection of articles clearly does not have Noet users in view.

Mark Barnes:
I know I can return the product and get my $100 back. I'll probably do that. But it will take longer to get my trust back.

Describes how I feel about this. I was excited about the project, but I am baffled seeing what has been delivered.

Posts 1585
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 5:16 AM

I pulled out last minute for financial reasons, but I am glad I did from the looks of things.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1890
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 5:39 AM

$99 for MSRP is still too high. 

This should be in Vyrso for $2.99

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 6:00 AM

mike:

I understand what you are trying to say but don't you think that's a bit harsh - especially in bold?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 306
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 6:12 AM

I feel that I may have to ask for a refund as well as some of the others that have expressed that feeling.  As Mark stated I can't see how this product could of got released without some questions from staff.  If I worked at Faithlife and saw that the EB was coming, I would try to look at some of the articles as it would of been of interest to me.  I would probably notice that these articles were not the EB that I was expecting and would raise some questions to the product group.

I think FL needs to be proactive in dealing with its customers that purchased this product.  Perhaps an email to each of the individuals explaining what the product really is and offering at the least a refund. 

Change the product page to reflect what the product really is.  I can't see how anyone would be willing to pay $499 for the product that is a young persons version of the EB.

Posts 306
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 6:19 AM

Bruce Dunning:

mike:

I understand what you are trying to say but don't you think that's a bit harsh - especially in bold?

Funny.  I am not sure that the sellers on Amazon are really selling the whole set, but there are listings there for $2.38 for the 2004 version. Add $3.99 for shipping and you have something close to that $2.99 price.

http://www.amazon.com/Comptons-by-Encyclopedia-Britannica/dp/1593392370

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 6:49 AM

Remind me, how many days do we have to return a product?

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 6:51 AM

Keith Larson:

Remind me, how many days do we have to return a product?

Officially, 30 days. https://www.logos.com/support/return 

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 7:06 AM

Mark Barnes:
If this product had been called Encyclopaedia Britannica for Teens (Logos Edition), or Comptons by Britannica, Logos Edition there would have been very few complaints (apart from the missing links).

I agree. That's how it should have been marketed. And that would have been fine.

mike:

The price isn't that off for what it is. It's just marketed to the wrong group. This price is comparable to other young people's encyclopedia.

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 7:12 AM

Randy W. Sims:

mike:

The price isn't that off for what it is. It's just marketed to the wrong group. This price is comparable to other young people's encyclopedia.

$99 isn't the MSRP, that was the prepub price. It's now $499.95, which is inexcusable.

It should have been $50 for prepub and $99.95 now.

Posts 1890
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 7:21 AM

Bruce Roth:

Bruce Dunning:

mike:

Funny.  I am not sure that the sellers on Amazon are really selling the whole set, but there are listings there for $2.38 for the 2004 version. Add $3.99 for shipping and you have something close to that $2.99 price.

http://www.amazon.com/Comptons-by-Encyclopedia-Britannica/dp/1593392370

thank you Stick out tongue

Posts 1059
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 7:25 AM

It's an old old version of Britanica right?

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 7:30 AM

John Goodman:

It's an old old version of Britanica right?

No, it's an up-to-date youth version.

Posts 9181
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 8:06 AM

Mark Barnes:

$99 isn't the MSRP, that was the prepub price. It's now $499.95, which is inexcusable.

Agreed.

Mark Barnes:
It should have been $50 for prepub and $99.95 now.

And I doubt it would have ever emerged from prepub if properly described.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2594
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 8:07 AM

Latest but not greatest...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1946
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 8:13 AM

I wanted to acknowledge that we've seen this thread and are trying to get to the bottom of this. We'll reply as soon as we have clarity.

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 8:24 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

I wanted to acknowledge that we've seen this thread and are trying to get to the bottom of this. We'll reply as soon as we have clarity.

A wise response.

Page 2 of 14 (262 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS