Biblical People hang and crash

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 34
Mark Mitchell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 14 2010 3:08 PM

Hello Logos Developers,

I was working with Biblical People taking the following steps and encountered a hang:

1. Select Tools > Biblical People

2. Selected each display Subtle > Liguid > Stickman > Cartoon then back to Liguid.

3. L4 hung and became non-responsive and then I had to Force quit.

Here are the logs from that event. 8037.Biblical People not responding.zip

The second event was a crash of L4 when attempting to recreate the above problem.  I've also included a text file of the dump information in this file  0451.Biblical people crash.zip

Let me know if I can provide any additional information or if this is even helpful.

YBIC

Mark

Posts 73
Boris Repschinski | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 8:20 AM

I am sure I cannot help you with this bug in L4, but I did like your heading Surprise

BR

Boris Repschinski

Professor of NT Studies

University of Innsbruck

Posts 34
Mark Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 9:02 AM

I never thought about that until you pointed it out.   Embarrassed

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 7:11 PM

Currently unable to replicate hang and crash - appears Biblical People has memory leak.  After clicking different people (e.g. Adam, Abraham), thumbnails generated and memory usage increased => at one point had 2.45 GB virtual memory allocated to Logos 4 => not freed after closing Biblical People tool.  Memory freed when Logos 4 A13a closed.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 8:30 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
After clicking different people (e.g. Adam, Abraham), thumbnails generated and memory usage increased => at one point had 2.45 GB virtual memory allocated to Logos 4

Yes. Biblical People does have some memory issues. We're aware of them and we're working on them. Basically, if you get to about 2.9 GB of real memory used, the app will crash.

Switching between skins or diagrams will cause the memory to leak and eventually lead to a crash.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS