Encyclopedia Britannica Update

Page 11 of 17 (337 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last »
This post has 336 Replies | 25 Followers

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 4:20 PM

Damian McGrath:
it won't have articles on significant Christian historic figures or events?

Did you look at the long articles included in the exell sheet? there are many Christian historic figures and events, and I'm sure there are many represented in the shorter articles list as well.

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 864
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 4:22 PM

Damian McGrath:

Ben,

when you say you "didn't have the option to include articles on Martin Luther or C.S. Lewis.", what does this mean?

Britannica didn't give us the option to include them.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 4:24 PM

James Taylor:
Did you look at the long articles included in the exell sheet? there are many Christian historic figures and events, and I'm sure there are many represented in the shorter articles list as well.

Naturally!

I didn't mean it won't have any articles on significant figures but that it won't have articles on name 1, name 2, name 3.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 4:27 PM

Ben Amundgaard:

Britannica didn't give us the option to include them.

How very unfortunate.

I really don't know how to evaluate this as I don't know which of the remaining 1050 2050 articles that have been excluded would be of value for historical research.

Posts 790
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 4:29 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I am also a very late entrant, and I'm looking forward to playing with it!

It may be impossible,  but I'd love to see a spreadsheet of what is NOT included. 

Posts 5250
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 4:38 PM

THIS is very disappointing  that so few of the moe in-depth articles were included but that some key religious figure articles were not allowed to be included.Sad

-dan 

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 5:26 PM

Ben Amundgaard:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Ben, are the < 1200-word articles abridged or unabridged?

Posts 864
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 5:28 PM

Paul Strickert:
Ben, are the < 1200-word articles abridged or unabridged?

The <1,200-word articles in the EBNE resource are the complete, unabridged articles for those topics.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 5:43 PM

Thanks, Ben.  This resource, as described, is about what I expected.  Looking forward to it.

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 6:29 PM

Lew Worthington:
I'd love to see a spreadsheet of what is NOT included. 

Please consider providing this spread sheet

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 7:20 PM

Mark:

Yes

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 7:30 PM

Mark:

Lew Worthington:

I second that, or rather third that.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 7:35 PM

Mark:

Lew Worthington:

That can not possibly happen before it ships tomorrow.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 790
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 9:21 PM

Matthew C Jones:

Mark:

Lew Worthington:

That can not possibly happen before it ships tomorrow.

Of course not -- if they didn't already have such a spreadsheet. And it seems like a lot of work if they don't. But if they do, I would just like to see it in, say, the next 30 days or so. Smile

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 9:31 PM

Quite interesting that the article on William Shakespeare has more words than the article on Jesus Christ.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 14
John Nagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2016 11:18 PM

Hi Ben have been very busy to day many thanks for keeping everyone updated. We will all be blessed. But have a quick question I gather some items are missing the question I have is what do I need to do to get the full   Encyclopedia Britannica. Do I need to pay "extra" as I see on the web site a lot of other title that start with Britannica. which I found found perplexing.

Many thanks would like to buy or have a choice to buy before the price is increased to normal retail if possible

Blessings ... John 

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2016 4:59 AM

John Nagle:

Hi Ben have been very busy to day many thanks for keeping everyone updated. We will all be blessed. But have a quick question I gather some items are missing the question I have is what do I need to do to get the full   Encyclopedia Britannica. Do I need to pay "extra" as I see on the web site a lot of other title that start with Britannica. which I found found perplexing.

I don't think there will be any option in Logos to get the missing articles. The publisher has limited what is available.

The website also has "Encyclopaedia Britannica (32 vols.)", which is a historical version of the encyclopaedia (1910–1922). It is in community pricing and, with a low level of interest, I doubt it will ever be made.

Posts 8944
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2016 7:54 AM

Thanks Ben for all your efforts to try to accurately explain what exactly this product will be.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 235
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2016 8:26 AM

Yes, thank you to Ben and all of the EBNE team for working so hard to bring this resource to Logos.  I already have many books in my Logos library which treat with the lives and teachings of Christians from ages past, and nearly all of the books in my library center (in one way or another) on the Lord Jesus.  I am very excited to have a wide ranging general purpose encyclopedia like the EBNE added into the mix.

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2016 8:28 AM

Brian Losabia:
I already have many books in my Logos library which treat with the lives and teachings of Christians from ages past

My thoughts precisely, with Britannica I'm far more concerned with having general articles which would recieve less treatment from the rest of my library.

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Page 11 of 17 (337 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS