Downloading Updates

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Michael Hickey | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 16 2010 2:33 AM

I've just installed Logos 4 from DVD.

I was surprised that it's now wanting to download 2.6gb of updates.  Apart from the time this will take - it will also cost me a fortune in Download Fees.

Given that the DVD I installed L4 from was new is such a large size download for updates normal and will downloads this big continue to occur - the internet fees will make my Logos purchase extremely expensive if this continues.

Sorry if this question has been answered already but I could not find the answer and I'm new to using the forum and Logos 4.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

MH

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 3:38 AM

These are all the resource updates that have occurred since the DVDs were burned, which was a while ago, I'm guessing. (Was it 4.0 or 4.0a on the DVD? If it was 4.0, then you're also getting the update to the engine, 4.0a, which has some added features from the original shipped version; I am guessing 4.0a is probably now already the version they are releasing on the DVDs, but they might have had extra inventory to use up first.)

You can find a list of all the recent resource updates (well, the ones that Logos posted notices about here on the Forum anyway) here:

http://wiki.logos.com/Resource_Update_History

Hopefully the updates should settle down over the coming weeks. They are still fixing the metadata on some of the resources, and occasionally they do a batch of updates when they've fixed a bunch of typos that are reported by users. That, and any time a resource needs to be updated when a feature is more fully implemented (like the reverse interlinears). You can set "Automatically Download Updates" to "No" (in Tools | Program Settings) and then choose to do the updates manually (type "update now" in the command bar) -- say, once a month, or whenever you aren't about to go over your download quota.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 4:47 AM

Rosie Perera:
You can set "Automatically Download Updates" to "No" (in Tools | Program Settings) and then choose to do the updates manually (type "update now" in the command bar) -- say, once a month, or whenever you aren't about to go over your download quota.

You can also let Logos download for a while and then cancel the download. You won't lose your place and you will have been updated for whatever books just came down the pipeline.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS