Creating a link to a library book in a Scripture Note

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Posts 8
William Borden | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 28 2015 7:51 AM

Is it possible to create a link to a book in my library, even a specific location in the book, in a document/scripture note?  I came across something in one of my books to which I'd like to create a direct link from a note attached to a Bible verse, rather than copying and pasting the information into the note.

If that is not possible, is there a way to automatically include the citation when copying from a library book into a scripture note?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 8:16 AM

You can add a link in a note which which is used with the book that you want it tied to. (i.e. you add a note to Acts 1:2 and in that note you can add a link to another book). In your Bible you would need to click on that note indicator to open the Note document and Logos would open the Note document and position it to that specific note. From there you can Ctrl click on the link in the note to open the other book that you linked with.

Is this what you are trying to do?

Edit:

Below is a screen-shot showing what i mentioned above.

(you can click on the above image to have your browser show the image full size)

Steps to adding a hyperlink to another resource in your note:

1. Open the other resource and position it to where you want that resource opened

2. Get the URL from that resource's menu (see this wiki for illustration).

3. In your note type the link text that you want for the link (e.g. Bible Knowledge Commentary as shown in this example)

4. Select the text you just typed

5. then click on the Link icon in the note toolbar
    in the box under the link tool icon Paste the URL that you got in step #2

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS