Request: Roman Catholic Theology and Practice by Gregg Allison

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2015 8:24 PM

I would love to see this book in Logos format.

“Writing with an irenic and thoughtful tone, Allison engages with Rome via the Church’s official Catechism and helps the reader understand what Protestants and Roman Catholics share in common and where they differ. This book is neither spinelessly ecumenical nor harshly polemical, but a fair and principled engagement with the beliefs of Rome.”
Carl R. Trueman, Professor of Church History, Westminster Theological Seminary; author, The Creedal Imperative and Luther on the Christian Life

Posts 2586
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 8:29 PM

YesYes

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 2339
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 6:03 AM

I'm trying to find a review of this book by a Catholic theologian, and so far I have failed. Can anyone link to one?

Posts 2596
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 6:54 AM

Yes

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 8987
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 8:38 AM

SineNomine:

I'm trying to find a review of this book by a Catholic theologian, and so far I have failed. Can anyone link to one?

Very thorough: http://www.calledtocommunion.com/2015/08/a-catholic-assessment-of-gregg-allisons-critique-of-the-hermeneutics-of-catholicism/ 

Running Logos 7 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2339
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 10:19 AM

NB.Mick:

SineNomine:

Very thorough: http://www.calledtocommunion.com/2015/08/a-catholic-assessment-of-gregg-allisons-critique-of-the-hermeneutics-of-catholicism/

Thank you. It is indeed a solid review.

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 12:51 PM

This is a review from the Gospel Coalition:  http://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/roman-catholic-theology-and-practice

Posts 86
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 8:44 AM

Keep your eyes open :)

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 1:37 PM

Daniel Motley:

Yes

Posts 2586
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 3:03 PM

Daniel Motley:

Hurry! I really need to blink!

Crying

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 86
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 10:14 PM

Doc, you have my permission to blink so as to keep those eyes healthy for reading Wink

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 81
Doug Hanna | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 7:57 PM

It's coming!

https://www.logos.com/product/55832/crossway-apologetics-collection-2

It's been great to see so many prepubs from Crossway coming into the store!!! Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Posts 2586
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2016 8:55 PM

Doug Hanna:
It's coming!

Aaarrrrghhhh! Another collection!...with books in it for which I will NOT pay!

Guess I'm stuck waiting until this breaks up. I'm DONE paying for junk I don't want just to get at a book I do. I pray that enough customers will get to the same point I'm at to force marketing's hand on this incredibly frustrating habit of bundling new releases.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS