Logos down ... again.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 958
JohnB | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 8 2015 2:37 PM

Well we seem to have been down ... again. Although most of Faithlife seems to be accessible my Logos program still can't log in so that I am working off-line.  Hopefully that helps persuade everyone that we are in not in any position to go all 'online' in the foreseeable future. Or is my pessimism is showing!

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2015 4:09 PM

JohnB:

Well we seem to have been down ... again. Although most of Faithlife seems to be accessible my Logos program still can't log in so that I am working off-line.  Hopefully that helps persuade everyone that we are in not in any position to go all 'online' in the foreseeable future. Or is my pessimism is showing!

Yes

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2015 6:15 PM

JohnB:

I've always preferred the offline (local) model over the online (cloud), however the cloud and semi-cloud is where things are going. I will continue to strive to maintain as much control as possible. As far as the outage goes, I didn't experience any login problems, but there was an incident report produced earlier.

Posts 2311
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2015 6:27 PM

Although I understand that things are moving towards the cloud, I hope Logos continues to function offline.

Posts 27442
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2015 6:31 PM

http://status.faithlife.com 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2015 10:16 PM

J

alabama24:

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2015 11:41 PM

I am currently online but the sync on my desktop app has a red exclamation mark. The status page says everything is green. 

Do you know whether it is an automated site based on tests from an external place, or does it rely on FL staff discovering an issue and updating the page?

Is there a way of troubleshooting 'exclamation' marks? I am not sure if posting logs will do it. I wonder if ping (or something more sophisticated may do it).

@FL: is is possible for the exclamation mark to give a tooltip as to what it thinks is the issue?

Thanks.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 958
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 12:57 AM

I still can't log in and have to go on off-line. All other services have been OK for over 12 hours.

Martin, that is something I would love to know.

Also who/where do we email if we spot a problem?

alabama24 -  I am aware of what the status page states and I lso get the status messages which are great - but frustrating when you know it is not fully solved and FL believe that it is. Big Smile

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 4:15 AM

Martin Folley:
Is there a way of troubleshooting 'exclamation' marks? I am not sure if posting logs will do it.

The logs will show problems with syncing. I had a red exclamation mark a few months ago that I tracked down to a syncing problem with customdictionaries.db. I deleted the file and fixed it.

Don't assume all syncing problems are on FL's end. It could be a corrupted file that refuses to sync. Logs will help you find that file.

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 4:27 AM

Integ:
Don't assume all syncing problems are on FL's end. It could be a corrupted file that refuses to sync.

I agree that Logs might sort it ... I forgot to actually attach them Embarrassed ... but I wonder how a corrupted file would stop syncing completely without notification ... surely there would be error trapping code to inform the user about any such corruption or other issue relating to syncing... which does kind of lay it at the door of FL. 

However, I have attached the logs that I forgot to attach earlier ... 

3157.LogosLogs.Martin.20151109-122447.zip

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 27442
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 4:29 AM

JohnB:
 alabama24 -  I am aware of what the status page states and I lso get the status messages which are great - but frustrating when you know it is not fully solved and FL believe that it is.

Yes

Integ:
Don't assume all syncing problems are on FL's end. It could be a corrupted file that refuses to sync. Logs will help you find that file.

Yes Also, Logos doesnt seem to be too "smart" in the sense that if you open the app when things are down, you would need to restart your app to make sure the connection is made again. In some cases restarting your computer might be helpful too. 

Floyd Johnson:

J

alabama24:

Thanks for making that active Floyd. It would not let me do so at the time. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 6:32 AM

Martin Folley:
surely there would be error trapping code to inform the user about any such corruption or other issue relating to syncing... which does kind of lay it at the door of FL. 

That's what the logs are for...I am just a novice at looking at logs but I see a lot of prayerlist items associated with sync errors in your LogosError.log. What I did, by the way, is opened the LogosError.log and typed "Sync" in the search box.

I am going to say that if you delete your PrayerList folder from the Logos folder in your Application Support folder, (Quit Logos first) it should fix the problem. Logos will rebuild the folder when you restart.

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 5:49 PM

alabama24:

Floyd Johnson:

alabama24:

Thanks for making that active Floyd. It would not let me do so at the time. 

Glad to be of help.

At first I was surprised at the oversight, but then I had quite a time trying to make it active. I assumed, as you stated, that you were having the same problems making it active that I was having.

Blessings,
Floyd

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS