Logos 6 - Multiple Crashes - Worst Ever

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 38
Laurie J. Braaten | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 14 2015 8:38 AM

I have been running Logos since before Logos 2.0 on various operating systems beginning with Win 95. It has NEVER crashed on me until I was forced to "upgrade" to 6 so that logos would continue to work. I have opened Logos less than 10 times since I installed 6, and it has crashed three three of those times while performing simple functions (clicking on words or highlighting them to copy). I figure that's somewhere between a 33-50% failure rate. This is unacceptable.

Logos threw the ball back in my court, I'm supposed to gather information to help them fix it. It looks like a time consuming process and I don't feel like this is my responsibility,

Logos 5 was slow to load up, but at least it worked consistently once it started.

Posts 13415
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2015 8:56 AM

I understand your frustration, but your experience is far from normal, which suggests there's either something wrong with your PC, or with your Logos installation. If you upload logs, we should be able to work out what's wrong, and help you fix it. It's not a time consuming process, and if you don't do it, no-one else can. It will take a few minutes of your time, which is the least you can do if you'd like people to help you fix your problem.

Posts 13415
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2015 8:59 AM

I have now seen you've started another thread here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/118358.aspx. It will be better to keep the conversation in one place. In case you hadn't realised, the people responding to you on that thread are not Logos employees, but ordinary Logos users who are trying to help you.

Posts 38
Laurie J. Braaten | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2015 9:17 AM

I will keep the rest of my responses confined to that thread. My operating system is very well maintained, in many ways better than the systems I ran other versions of Logos on.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS