ANNOUNCEMENT: Black Friday Sale

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 168
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 12:41 PM

On the Black Friday page it says this:

"Call in Specials

Connect with a resourse expert to hear about exclusive specials."

But when I called in (well, emailed in), the reply was that the special pricing is the same as what is displayed on the website (dynamic pricing). Maybe that is what the page wording should say?

ps minor spelling typo unless resourse is US english! (I am in UK)

Jim

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 1:24 PM

Jim Snowden:
the reply was that the special pricing is the same as what is displayed on the website (dynamic pricing).

very strange.

Jim Snowden:
Maybe that is what the page wording should say?

If that's true, I definitely agree that it is some strange marketing

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 1:42 PM

Jim Snowden:
But when I called in (well, emailed in), the reply was that the special pricing is the same as what is displayed on the website (dynamic pricing). Maybe that is what the page wording should say?

I'm really sorry for the confusion, not sure how that happened. We do have exclusive call-in/email/skype discounts (on top of dynamic pricing) for: 

• Master Expansion Collection (600+ vols.)
  • Grammars Collection (94 vols.)
  • Sermon Finder Collection (236 vols.) (17,600+ sermons)
  • Systematic Theologies Collection (183 vols.)

Call: 1-888-875-9491

Email: experts@logos.com

Posts 168
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 1:50 PM

Ah, maybe the salesman I spoke too didn't know the extra discounts. I was asking mainly about the Master Expansion Collection (although I asked about a couple of other resources too). I was told

"Your price for the Master Expansion Collection is probably the same as what you see online:  $1362.28. "

That price is indeed just the normal dynamic pricing I've been seeing recently on the website. I sent the original enquiry to experts@logos.com.

Jim

Jim

Posts 6308
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 3:06 PM

"Jim Snowden: Ah, maybe the salesman I spoke too didn't know the extra discounts."

from past experience usually when they want you to call is just to generate sales and new leads for the reps. Discounts are usually just your dynamic price along with the phrase, "Sorry, that's the best we can do for you."  Which is fine since I assume part of reps's paychecks come from commission sales.

DAL

Posts 2
LogosEmployee
Jeremiah Doyle (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 3:25 PM

Hi Jim,

I sent you an email with the information you requested. Feel free to give me a call or email and I will be glad to help.

Sorry for the miscommunication!

Jim Snowden:

Ah, maybe the salesman I spoke too didn't know the extra discounts. I was asking mainly about the Master Expansion Collection (although I asked about a couple of other resources too). I was told

"Your price for the Master Expansion Collection is probably the same as what you see online:  $1362.28. "

That price is indeed just the normal dynamic pricing I've been seeing recently on the website. I sent the original enquiry to experts@logos.com.

Jim

Jim

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 3:29 PM

There are quite a few products I already own that are not greyed out.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 6308
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 4:20 PM

Super.Tramp:

Same here but when you add it to cart it then shows grayed out

DAL

Posts 522
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 4:50 PM

The same here too.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 4:54 PM

DAL:

Super.Tramp:

Same here but when you add it to cart it then shows grayed out

DAL

Yeah, but that results in a lot of unnecessary mouse clicks.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8895
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 5:10 PM

Early this morning I sent an email to experts@logos.com but I didn't receive a response.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5248
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 7:15 PM

mike:
Anyway, I picked up Dictionary of Scripture and Ethics for $15

Thanks Mike for pointing this out... got it and it's a fabulous resource, I can highly recommend it.

-Dan

Posts 94
John Crabtree | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 7:46 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Another set that I am considering is https://www.logos.com/product/54439/epea-aptera-unspoken-sermons by George Macdonald who was highly esteemed by C. S. Lewis. It is being offered for $9.99 but I'm a bit confused at the statement below that is on the product page. I don't have either the Feature Expansion or the Master Expansion. Does this mean that I will not be able to access these if I purchase them? Or does this simply mean that they are being offered separately from these collections for a period of time?

I went a head and picked up this resource while it was on the Black Friday sale since I am not sure when the for collection will clear CP. 

Bruce Dunning:

I picked up Dictionary of Scripture and Ethics for $15

That's what I initially got too. Seems like one of the better deals this year.

I picked up this excellent resource while it was on sale.

Posts 6308
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 9:12 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Another set that I am considering is https://www.logos.com/product/54439/epea-aptera-unspoken-sermons by George Macdonald who was highly esteemed by C. S. Lewis. It is being offered for $9.99 but I'm a bit confused at the statement below that is on the product page. I don't have either the Feature Expansion or the Master Expansion. Does this mean that I will not be able to access these if I purchase them? Or does this simply mean that they are being offered separately from these collections for a period of time?

I purchased them and they are available as 3 separate volumes :)

DAL

Posts 168
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2015 2:27 AM

Thanks Jeremiah. I got the email. The call in price is less than the dynamic pricing so it is worth calling in for the exclusive pricing!

Jim

Posts 94
John Crabtree | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2015 6:38 AM

I considering picking up the Baker Commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms while it is on a deep discount. Can anyone speak to the quality of the series?

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2015 6:39 AM

John Crabtree:

I considering picking up the Baker Commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms while it is on a deep discount. Can anyone speak to the quality of the series?

I've used them in Psalms and found them good - in general, they seem to be highly spoken of

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2015 10:36 AM

Goldingay:  highly recommended.

Posts 1048
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2015 6:07 PM

This is a great sale, thanks. It's so good I wish I had been patient in prior items/sales (e.g. Jonathan Edwards).

I noticed that the Lexham Master Bundle didn't include the Lexham Methods Series (4 vols.). Was that by design or an oversight? That makes it slightly less masterish.

PS I've been seeing the same issue as others where some items I own are not grayed out. Seems to happen more at the bottom of the page.

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2015 6:12 PM

....do I get the discount on the magazine now that I already get it too please?

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS