Zondercrooks stick it to Pradis users

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 44 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 10321
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 3:07 PM

Well ... guess it had to happen.

On CNN the connection between Zondervan and Murdoch's corporate behavior is now being explored.

I was a little curious why books Zondervan wasn't comfortable with, just got kicked over to their next level up publisher. No problem.

Ah, but this 'Christian business' thing makes so much sense.

Posts 27034
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 3:24 PM

DMB - this is a case where I personally would have preferred that you start a new thread rather than resurrecting an old one. I don't like to see insulting language resurrected. Your topic, although OT, doesn't bother me. I google the article you referred to which was worth doing although I suspect that the complaining author wouldn't care for my opinion of their stand ("what people are willing to do for publicity"). But knowing the corporate ties is interesting.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10321
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 3:52 PM

I agree the original title meets the 'bad taste' definition. And I can only observe Zondervan's business methods (the subject of this thread/discussion).

But as much as one wishes to make assurances about ones corporate parent's behavior, none the less, the 'owned' must meet their profit targets and deliver 'real money'.  I've been in that position before, and the 'money' WILL be delivered.

Thus I can now understand what likely drove the Pradis decision.

Posts 27034
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:04 PM

DMB:
But as much as one wishes to make assurances about ones corporate parent's behavior, none the less, the 'owned' must meet their profit targets and deliver 'real money'.  I've been in that position before, and the 'money' WILL be delivered.

Even a small, privately owned business needs to be a bit profitable unless it is a wealthy man's toy.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10321
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:12 PM

True.

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS