Installing on a netbook

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:50 PM

My friend just received logos 4 on a dvd and I am going to help him install it on his netbook. But, of course, he has no dvd rom on the thing. Is it possible for me to copy all of the files onto a usb drive and then install it onto his netbook from the usb drive?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:55 PM

Perhaps even easier would be to use one of the methods described here: http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers
 (This will work best if you have a bigger base package on your machine [which I realize is an assumption] you could copy the resources and then install online from the link given on the wiki]

Posts 3682
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 1:00 PM

randy@mmsurveyors.com:
My friend just received logos 4 on a dvd and I am going to help him install it on his netbook. But, of course, he has no dvd rom on the thing. Is it possible for me to copy all of the files onto a usb drive and then install it onto his netbook from the usb drive?

Remember a DVD has 4.7 GB, you will need to create an ISO file that will be at least this size.  I purchased a USB DVD drive that did the job for me on my netbook.

Blessings,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 1:13 PM

Is it necessary to create an ISO file on the usb drive or can I just copy the files from the DVD to the usb drive and then run the setup program from the dvd drive, which by the way is 500GB?

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 1:30 PM

Kevin Becker:

Perhaps even easier would be to use one of the methods described here: http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers
 (This will work best if you have a bigger base package on your machine [which I realize is an assumption] you could copy the resources and then install online from the link given on the wiki]

Thanks for the link, Kevin. This will be useful for other situations, But in this case he has never installed it on another computer before - so it's for a first timer.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS