Linux version of Logos Bible Software

Page 51 of 51 (1011 items) « First ... < Previous 47 48 49 50 51
This post has 1,010 Replies | 52 Followers

Posts 1059
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2020 10:57 AM

Kevin Moore:
I gave Daniel's AppImage script a try using Option 1 (running Linux Mint 20 XFCE). It fails when it tries to run the Logos Installer - warning that it can't find .NET.

That option is usually pretty stable... I'm surprised. It would be very helpful if we could get the terminal output... could you share it on the https://t.me/linux_logos telegram group? My guess is there is likely a dependency that wine needed which wasn't there and so caused the .net install to fail. You should cancel mono installation.

I suggest trying to install wine from winehq with --install-recommends. Then try again with option 1.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 17
Kevin Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2020 11:29 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll need to try later - looks like we're facing a fire evacuation around here so I'll need to go offline very soon.

Posts 677
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2020 11:50 AM

Kevin Moore:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll need to try later - looks like we're facing a fire evacuation around here so I'll need to go offline very soon.

Kevin,

In relation to your crash when accessing the Library. If you want to give it another shot before doing a full reinstall...

Check the following folders:

BibleIndex

LibraryIndex

PersonalBookIndex

Those three folders should have 9 files in them if it is a full and clean index. (It can have more that are listed as supplemental)

The next folder, would be:

LibraryCatalog

This folder should have 8 files.

I have noticed many instances of indexer problems or crashes like what it sounds that you are describing can be fixed by emptying those folders and allowing Logos to do a full cataloging of the resources and a full indexing. (That is the case on both Linux and Windows)

Posts 44
Daniel Ribeiro da Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2020 2:46 AM

Kevin Moore:

Hi. I gave Daniel's AppImage script a try using Option 1 (running Linux Mint 20 XFCE). It fails when it tries to run the Logos Installer - warning that it can't find .NET. I tried again allowing it to download and install MONO in case that might change something but it still fails.

My working Wasta-Wine installation has been  fine until I foolishly agreed to allow it to install some updates last week. Now it runs okay, but crashes when I try to access the Library. Does anyone have suggestions to fix that or do I need to reinstall?

Sorry for this.
In your installation of wasta-wine, if you want, run (you can make a backup of your WINEPREFIX directory before it, so you can copy it back in case of fail):

For the 32-bit version:

WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-logos/ wine control

or for the 64-bit version:

WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-logos/ wine64 control

Then go to "Add and Remove Programs", remove LogosBible and use the Install button (which is on the same screen) to install a new version of LogosBible (Logos-x86.msi or Logos-x64.msi) directly (without having to reinstall wine or dotnet, or change your installation).

Posts 17
Kevin Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 12 2020 5:33 PM

I followed the suggestions in Frank Sauer's post:

Check the following folders:

BibleIndex

LibraryIndex

PersonalBookIndex

Those three folders should have 9 files in them if it is a full and clean index. (It can have more that are listed as supplemental)

The next folder, would be:

LibraryCatalog

This folder should have 8 files.

I have noticed many instances of indexer problems or crashes like what it sounds that you are describing can be fixed by emptying those folders and allowing Logos to do a full cataloging of the resources and a full indexing. (That is the case on both Linux and Windows)

This did the trick. I deleted the contents of these folders (backed them up first) then restarted Logos and let it run the indexer without interruption. Everything seems fine now.

Posts 2
aaylnx | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 16 2020 9:00 AM

Glad to hear it's working!

Posts 4
Purist | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 10:41 AM

Logos was working perfectly until today. I lost some resources I had access to as a student, purchased a collection, and began the download. Closed the program mid-download. Now on start it begins to open the program, but shows an error and won't finish startup. Error details: "Unhandled exception: page fault on execute access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x00000000)."

Full backtrace: 5672.Logos8-backtrace.txt

How can I restore my formerly working Logos installation?

Posts 2588
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 3:09 PM

Purist:

Logos was working perfectly until today. 

I can not help but if you tell us what system you are on, version of Linux and other details those that can help will not need to ask for that information as you will already have provided it.  And welcome to the forums.

Posts 4
Purist | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 3:20 PM

Thanks David,

System is elementaryOS Hera (i.e. 18.04). Running on ASUS Zenbook 2-in-1 with MX150 GPU. I followed the shared Google Doc in this forum for install. I would be tempted to uninstall and reinstall, but I don't really know how to to that either!

Posts 677
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 3:37 PM

You can try the instructions I posted above. It has fixed similar issues.

Posts 4
Purist | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 3:53 PM

Thank you. I found the files in /.wine-logos/drive_c/users/username/Local Settings/Application Data/Logos/Data/xxxxxxxx.nkd. Logos is open and running without errors. Hopefully after a full sync all will be restored!

Page 51 of 51 (1011 items) « First ... < Previous 47 48 49 50 51 | RSS