Linux version of Logos Bible Software

Page 54 of 57 (1129 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last »
This post has 1,128 Replies | 58 Followers

Posts 13
Rob Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2020 2:36 PM

I am on a chromebook and have Logos working in the linux environment (thanks to this awesome group).  It has been up and running for a few weeks now.   All of a sudden my clipboard doesn't seem to be working between Logos (Linux env) and my ChromeOS.  Any idea what to try?  

Posts 13
Rob Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2020 7:37 AM

I did some more testing to narrow it down. The clipboard works in all my other Linux apps except Logos. It used to work so I am not sure what might have happen.  When I say works, I mean I can Ctrl+C or Right click and hit Copy and go in my ChromeOS environment, say Google Docs, and do a paste. 

Posts 876
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2020 7:49 AM

I used Daniel's script to install Logos on my chromebook in the standard Debian Buster container. Everything was working, but now the program will launch and just before getting to the desktop, the error box stating Logos.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close box appears. Clicking both Show Details and Close exits the program.

Posts 59
Daniel Ribeiro da Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2020 1:09 PM

Rob Perry:

I did some more testing to narrow it down. The clipboard works in all my other Linux apps except Logos. It used to work so I am not sure what might have happen. When I say works, I mean I can Ctrl+C or Right click and hit Copy and go in my ChromeOS environment, say Google Docs, and do a paste.

WINE doesn't have all the clipboard functionality implemented yet, so depending on how your system is using it, the clipboard may not work.

A possible workaround would be to run the register:
* For the 32bit version:
$ ./Logos.sh wine regedit

* For the 64bit version:
$ ./Logos.sh wine64 regedit

and use the key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\X11 Driver]
"UsePrimarySelection"="1"

In the future we will try to implement this functionality in the WINE code, but first we will have to make LogosBible be able to use the latest version of WINE as default.

Bill Anderson:

I used Daniel's script to install Logos on my chromebook in the standard Debian Buster container. Everything was working, but now the program will launch and just before getting to the desktop, the error box stating Logos.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close box appears. Clicking both Show Details and Close exits the program.

Could you tell us which installation script was used and which installation option was chosen?

You can try to run it from the terminal:
$ cd "${HOME}/LogosBible_Linux_P"
$ ./Logos.sh
then when you receive the error and close LogosBible, copy everything you can from the terminal and post it at "pastebin.com" (and post the link here).

Posts 13
Rob Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2020 2:36 PM

I am not sure if I did this right. I added a registry key with a value. Below is a picture.  I retried my scenario and a copy and paste doesn't seem to take still.  Let me know if I failed to set the key right.  Thank You!

Posts 59
Daniel Ribeiro da Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2020 3:01 PM

Rob Perry:

I am not sure if I did this right. I added a registry key with a value. Below is a picture.  I retried my scenario and a copy and paste doesn't seem to take still.  Let me know if I failed to set the key right.  Thank You!

Half correct. The "X11 Driver" is a Key (shown as a folder) and is right, but the "UsePrimarySelection" is a "String Value" with the name "UsePrimarySelection" and value of "1" (shown as if it were a file).

Posts 876
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2020 3:10 PM

Daniel Ribeiro da Silva:

Bill Anderson:

Could you tell us which installation script was used and which installation option was chosen?

I used the fast install script and selected option 1. Terminal output is attached. Sorry, I have not used pastebin.4643.Output.txt

Posts 59
Daniel Ribeiro da Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2020 3:51 PM

Bill Anderson:

I used the fast install script and selected option 1. Terminal output is attached. Sorry, I have not used pastebin.4643.Output.txt

Don't worry, pastebin was just my usual suggestion (because the Gentoo Linux forum doesn't allow attaching files).
Your log indicates that the dotnet is failing when trying to obtain the "Display" resource. And since everything was working before, this resource was probably blocked for security reasons.
You can try to run a simple window with the LogosBible WINE to test, like:
$ ./Logos.sh wine notepad

and the old and simple Windows notepad should appear.

Posts 876
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2020 9:08 PM

Daniel Ribeiro da Silva:

Bill Anderson:

Don't worry, pastebin was just my usual suggestion (because the Gentoo Linux forum doesn't allow attaching files).
Your log indicates that the dotnet is failing when trying to obtain the "Display" resource. And since everything was working before, this resource was probably blocked for security reasons.
You can try to run a simple window with the LogosBible WINE to test, like:
$ ./Logos.sh wine notepad

and the old and simple Windows notepad should appear.

The old Windows Notepad does appear. The issue persists when I try to run Logos.

Posts 59
Daniel Ribeiro da Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 5:47 AM

Bill Anderson:

The old Windows Notepad does appear. The issue persists when I try to run Logos.

Interesting. I can think of some possibilities:
1- The installation of dotnet was corrupted by issues in the file system.
2- The last update wasn't completed successfully and left LogosBIble in an inconsistent state.
3- Your setup has become complex enough that the dotnet inside the WINE can no longer access the Display. Being a possible WINE's bug.

I would try to do another installation (reinstall) of LogosBible and check if the same issue happens again.

Posts 13
Rob Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 8:09 AM

Daniel, thank you so much for your help, and patience, for what is probably a basic question.  I think I have the key right now.   The clipboard works within Logos but it still doesn't work between other linux apps and my chromebook environment like it once did.  

Posts 59
Daniel Ribeiro da Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 9:19 AM

Rob Perry:

Daniel, thank you so much for your help, and patience, for what is probably a basic question.  I think I have the key right now.   The clipboard works within Logos but it still doesn't work between other linux apps and my chromebook environment like it once did.  

Yes, that's correct. And as far as I know, at the moment this is the best that WINE can do (for now).
All that remains is to know how your graphical interface is handling this. For example there are known bugs, and work being done at this point of time, like this: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/issues/1338

Posts 13
Rob Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 12:58 PM

I just updated my chromeOS to Version 86.0.4240.112 (Official Build) (64-bit)  and things are working again.  I can Ctrl+C / V in and out of Linux and my ChromeOS environment.

Posts 34
Dominik Wagner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:13 AM

Does anyone know where to download the LOGOS 9 MSI or how to find out? There is no version number for 9 in the Wiki yet. Greetings Dominik

Posts 19
Purist | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 11:01 AM

Logos 9 update applied automatically to my Logos 8 AppImage (Daniel's edition) on Ubuntu 18.04. It redownloaded all resources as well. Now my Logos is broken again - crashes on start.

When I click "More Details" on the crash report the dialogue box disappears without showing any error reports. Any tips on how to get it running again?

Also, what do we think of setting up a way to incentivize our volunteer developers, i.e. put a reward out there for folks like Daniel (and others) to upgrade the AppImage to Logos 9? Would that be legit and/or helpful?

Posts 34
Dominik Wagner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:25 PM

I have tried to install LOGOS 9.0.0.0168 with the "LogosLinuxInstaller" script. The installation worked fine. Logos can also be started, but it looks like this now. Everything is black. When I hover the mouse over some of them, that part appears and the rest is black. I use "WINE64bit 5.19" with "Fedora 33". Greetings Dominik

Posts 2090
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 1:05 PM

Is it possible it is in dark mode?  First time logos opened after the update, it was black in windows as well.  I think they were showing dark mode.  In settings, it can be changed back.  Only a guess...

Posts 34
Dominik Wagner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 1:46 PM

The problems are the same in dark mode as in light mode with Wine64bit 5.19.

In the meantime I have tested it with the Appimage 64Bit 5.11. So LOGOS quits after a short time and doesn't find the cover images from the resources. But the error with the black areas is not there.

In the console I keep seeing the following error message:

err:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_CreateInstance Failed reading JPEG because unable to find libjpeg.so.8

Posts 19
Purist | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 6:06 PM

Dominik,

Did you do a fresh install with the latest installer in your Downloads folder? Mine updated from within the app, so if yours was a fresh install I will try that route and report back.

Posts 34
Dominik Wagner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 11:33 PM

Yes it is a fresh installation with a copy of the folders "Data", "Documents" and "Users" from my Logos 9 Installation on Windows. I used the "ferion11/LogosLinuxInstaller" and changed in line 8 "LBS8" to "LBS9" and "8.17.0.0011" to "9.0.0.0168".

Page 54 of 57 (1129 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS