Whose your sales person?

Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 9:26 AM

Russel Taylor:

My experience with the salespersons is that they offer the exact same prices I can get on the website, so I'm not really sure why I should bother with one. Maybe I've just been unlucky...

It depends on the product. It's very rare to get further discounts on things that are already discounted. If there's no discount already you can sometimes get a discount. I don't know why you can sometimes get a discount and sometimes not - it's certainly publisher-dependent, but there are other factors too. 

Posts 1095
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 9:35 AM

Mark Barnes:

Russel Taylor:

My experience with the salespersons is that they offer the exact same prices I can get on the website, so I'm not really sure why I should bother with one. Maybe I've just been unlucky...

It depends on the product. It's very rare to get further discounts on things that are already discounted. If there's no discount already you can sometimes get a discount. I don't know why you can sometimes get a discount and sometimes not - it's certainly publisher-dependent, but there are other factors too. 

And its just nice to have a relationship with someone for those times when questions come up or for when you need help beyond what you can find on the website. For example, Ive spoken with a rep who advised me to wait a few days before making a purchase because of a sale that was coming up soon. They can also help with payment plan issues, if you have them or will have them. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 9:49 AM

All "my guys" pretty much have left.  Now I have expanded to a "close circle of sales guys" that happened organically.  They all are helpful.  I hear nothing but good regarding Dave, but my impression was that he has such loyalty from many customers it was a while before I heard from him when Logos 6 came out and went with someone else.  (No disrespect meant, it is what it is).  Since then I have found others helpful, and take a more ad hoc approach.  Most of my purchasing lately has also been through Logos "sales" vs. "Sales" so I really didn't need a person to order from.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 11:32 AM

Mark Barnes:
Mark Wheeler left on Christmas Eve. He was a great sales rep for me.

In the nineteen, or more, years that I have been a customer of what is now Faithlife I have experienced no better company representative than Mark Wheeler. He will be sorely missed.

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 35
Leigh Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 11:35 AM

Putting in another good word for Dave Kaplan.  He has always responded to my calls or emails and has gone above and beyond in helping me out and answering questions.

Posts 538
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 2:41 PM

abondservant:
My name is actually Ken ;) Rusty was my former salesperson.

My apologies, Ken - thanks!

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 2:29 AM

I will miss Mark.. Crying.that means I also need a new Person

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 9:29 AM

John Ramsey has been good to me in the past, he did the L6 upgrade for me.

In the past I would just put something in the cart and he would check and sometimes give me a better price on the item. Or even let me know i could get the resource as part of a package.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 2249
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 5:29 PM

Dave Kaplan is my rep. Great to work with.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 5:58 PM

I had Preston Morrison. Nice chap. Hope he's still around at Logos.

Hans

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 10547
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 5:58 AM

Frank Sauer:

Cliff has always taken good care of me.

Haven't used a salesperson often, but Cliff has been great to work with. Just need to remember to drop him a line prior to pulling the trigger on a purchase.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2015 8:05 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I had used Dave for a minute prior to Rusty, but (as has been said) he must have been swamped with other people trying to place orders.

The thing that made me stick with rusty so long (prior to he and I becoming friends) was how quickly he would respond.

I'd be up at three am on a saturday night, and see something I was interested in, and send him an email, and before a half hour had passed, my phone would chirp with a new email - "Hey Ken, its Rusty, here is the best price I can do, it will affect your payment plan thusly. Message me back so I can get that unlocked for you".

3am!! But regardless of the time, he was always so fast to respond. I hate to see him gone. Whomever takes over for him has some big shoes to fill.

With Dave, I'd email him at 3am on friday, and tuesday I would get a phone call while I was at work, in a meeting, or on the phone, or something like that. I'd respond to his call with another email from my cellphone while in said meeting, and friday I'd get another phone call back. In the mean time I've wanted/needed whatever the item was for a solid week, and it may not yet be unlocked on my account by that point.

Rusty's responsiveness was one of the reasons I pushed him so hard as a sales rep on the forums. I KNEW that anyone who emailed or called him would get a quick response, and the best price he could offer (without even having to ask for a discount).

Mark was much the same way. If I emailed him on friday, friday night I'd hear back.

*head desk*

Well you guys have passed out some good names, next time I'm ready to make a big purchase, I'll pick one and email them and we shall see. I will likely start with Dave first; He has such a sterling reputation. I almost feel like I'm missing out!

Hopefully I have a good guy whose name I can push by the next versions launch. I helped Rusty sell (if I remember right) about 30 base packages around the 6 launch.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2015 8:17 PM

Mark Barnes:

Sascha John:

@ abondservant Mark is still there 

Mark Wheeler left on Christmas Eve. He was a great sales rep for me. 

I was surprised when I asked for him and was told they didn't have anyone by that name working there - just like that...like my previous sales rep Jim-Ray :( Maggie Segar is my other favorite sales rep. She's honest and if she can give you a good discount she will, if not, then she'll let you know too.

DAL

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2015 8:19 PM

thanks Dal!

Its interesting how many emails I've gotten from sales people since I put this thread up.

All of them have been exactly the same, word for word for the most part RE the end of the 15% discount:/

Maybe if someone messaged me and said "hey I can add such and such a base package to your plan for this $$ and it will make your plan stay about the same". I'd probably take them up on it. But instead - form letters - :(.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 3044
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2015 8:29 PM

abondservant:

Mark was much the same way. If I emailed him on friday, friday night I'd hear back.

I never interacted with Rusty, but I certainly had no complaints about Mark's responsiveness!

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2015 9:34 PM

I can wholeheartedly recommend Cliff Kvidahl. He has gone above and beyond for me and put up with some of my complaints. He has worked through stuff with me and even called me here in Australia. :) 

Posts 486
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 7:39 AM

Maggie Segar is always helpful for me. :)

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 8:34 AM

I don't really have a sales person. Over the years I have spoken and used a number but none on a consistent basis. I'm not sure why that is but perhaps I am missing something.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 43
David Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 8:48 AM

My last couple transactions have been with Sean Leenhouts.  He was very helpful.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 10:52 AM

Bruce Dunning:

I don't really have a sales person. Over the years I have spoken and used a number but none on a consistent basis. I'm not sure why that is but perhaps I am missing something.

I tracked the discounts gained from both Rusty and Mark (plus a couple others), and have gained around 3000$ worth of discounts on top of web store prices. But then I've also spent about 20,000... So perhaps that frees them to be more generous.

The best prices were usually when a new salesman is courting my business, and then web-store prices for a while, followed up by good deals again once a friendship is established.

Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS