Tip of the Day: Bible navigation by search results

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 877
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:06 PM

For those who have not discovered this neat feature yet...

What it is: when you search a Bible, you can -- instead of clicking on each individual verse from within the search results window -- set the next/previous arrows on the locator bar to "Search Result" and then click on the down or up arrow to go to the next or previous result from your search window. See the screenshot below:

Posts 433
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 2:00 PM

Excellent feature but I don't seem to have it in mine.  I'm assuming that maybe you have a beta version and not 4.0a?

Posts 877
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 2:06 PM

Yes, I am running 4.0b beta 11.

Posts 3314
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 4:10 PM

added this to Tips from the Forum wiki page

Thanks!

QLinks, Bibl2, Reporter, Macros
Dell Insp 1720
Core 2 Duo, 1.6 G, 4G RAM, Vista

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 4:13 PM

Francis:

Yes, I am running 4.0b beta 11.

Then you should probably have posted it the PC Beta forum or waited till 4.0b went gold.

Posts 433
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 4:26 PM

Will this feature also work with basic search?  It would be great for this feature to work across the board with all searches so that a person can quickly move from one hit to the next as was possible in L3 using F3 key.  It is becasue of this and the deficiency in topic searching that L4 is not quite as usable for me in L4.

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 4:28 PM

TimEngwer:

Will this feature also work with basic search?  It would be great for this feature to work across the board with all searches so that a person can quickly move from one hit to the next as was possible in L3 using F3 key.  It is becasue of this and the deficiency in topic searching that L4 is not quite as usable for me in L4.

Yes, the "next search results" will work with Basic search.

Posts 877
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 4:31 PM

Hey, I did not know about the F3 trick in L3! Cool!

Makes you wonder at times how much easier life might be possible to be... ignorance is not always bliss!

Posts 433
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 5:48 PM

That's great!  Next question:  can you use the keyboard to go throught the results one after another rather than the mouse?

Posts 15644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 6:01 PM

TimEngwer:

That's great!  Next question:  can you use the keyboard to go throught the results one after another rather than the mouse?

Yes. Alt+DownArrow is equivalent to clicking the Next (down arrow) button on the navigation bar.

Posts 1531
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 6:12 PM

TimEngwer:

Tim, if you are a keyboard jockey, this list may interest you:

http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Keyboard_Shortcuts_For_Windows

Posts 433
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 10:07 AM

Yes I have seen this page but a shortcut is not currently available to cycle through the search hits using a keyboard shortcut.  I'm wondering if this will be made available in the next version.

Posts 15644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 10:35 AM

TimEngwer:

Yes I have seen this page but a shortcut is not currently available to cycle through the search hits using a keyboard shortcut.  I'm wondering if this will be made available in the next version.

The keyboard shortcut for this is Alt-DownArrow. It's in 4.0b already (in beta testing still).

Posts 433
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 11:43 AM

Excellent!  Can't wait for it to be released.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS