The Precious and Sacred Writings of Martin Luther (14 vols.)

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 10770
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2016 5:15 PM

Matthew Miller:

And it seems the price might drop considerably until Friday, if some people come and place their bids!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2843
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2016 5:55 PM

Would this add anything to a library that already has Luther's Works? 

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2016 7:57 PM

Always nice to have a different translation - plus I hope many who don't have Luther's Works will take this opportunity to grab some of his writings at a good price :)

Would be nice to see it below the #30 mark :)

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 247
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2016 11:16 PM

Hi Michael, 

If you scroll down to the detailed contents, you will find thst a major part of this collection consists of Luther's sermons. Most of these are not available (yet) in Luther's works. In addition,  this whole set will probably end up selling more cheaply than one volume of LW! 

Colin

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 4:46 AM

Matthew Miller:

Down to $30 now - let's keep it dropping :)

Pastor Glenn Crouch

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 5:16 AM

Glenn Crouch:
Down to $30 now - let's keep it dropping :)

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 247
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 7:30 AM

This set is now down to $29. It dropped $5 in 12 hours, then quickly dropped another dollar. It is (already at this price) very good value set which will be great to have in Logos. For me, the 8 volumes of sermons included make this a vital resource for Luther study. 

Colin

Posts 2843
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 8:08 AM

Colin Burcombe:

Hi Michael, 

If you scroll down to the detailed contents, you will find thst a major part of this collection consists of Luther's sermons. Most of these are not available (yet) in Luther's works. In addition,  this whole set will probably end up selling more cheaply than one volume of LW! 

Colin

Thanks Colin.  Just the information I needed.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 247
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 10:02 AM

The page has now been updated and allows much lower bids. At this stage, $25 looks realistic. 

Colin

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2016 11:16 PM

Colin Burcombe:

The page has now been updated and allows much lower bids. At this stage, $25 looks realistic. 

$25 would be very nice, Colin Big Smile

Pastor Glenn Crouch

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 6:23 PM

Now at $27 - can we make it to $25???

Pastor Glenn Crouch

Posts 247
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 8:25 AM

Hi Glenn,

I'm wondering the same! Although I'm sure it's not as close to tipping point as it appears, it really does look as if it would go for £25 if 1 or 2 more people were to bid at £26. I don't fully understand the mechanics of it all but since 'a bid for £26 is also a bid for £25' it's probably safer to bid at £26 for those who haven't placed a bid yet.  

Colin

Posts 1083
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 9:08 AM

Glenn Crouch:

... can we make it to $25???

$25 seems very doable.

Posts 210
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 2:17 PM

Colin Burcombe:

Hi Glenn,

I'm wondering the same! Although I'm sure it's not as close to tipping point as it appears, it really does look as if it would go for £25 if 1 or 2 more people were to bid at £26. I don't fully understand the mechanics of it all but since 'a bid for £26 is also a bid for £25' it's probably safer to bid at £26 for those who haven't placed a bid yet.  

Colin

Hi Colin:

There are no second chances after it closes, so if you really want to add these to your collection, bid slightly higher than the current $27 in case a few people drop out at the last minute (happens from time to time) and things go in the "wrong" direction, Bidding lower than $27 runs the risk of missing out when it closes.

IF enough bidders join at the last minute it may go for $25 BUT in a few cases we have seen a few people cancel bids at the last minute and prices bounce back up, so do NOT risk a lower bid just because it would be nice to pay less.  Bid lower ONLY if you are willing to miss out.

Smile

Posts 247
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2016 2:04 AM

Thanks David,

I bid at a higher price some time ago (though  I mistakenly lowered my bid while trying to look more closely at the graph a couple of days ago! ) 

In any case, the price is now down to $25! 

Another triumph for community pricing!  

Colin

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2016 5:03 AM

Colin Burcombe:

In any case, the price is now down to $25! 

Another triumph for community pricing!  

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS