Surface Pro 3 possible bug - Tablet Mode

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9
Thomas Toews | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 27 2016 3:31 PM

I'm running Logos 6 on a Surface Pro 3 and Windows 10. If I open Logos in Tablet Mode, Logos opens in a reduced window setting showing one or two tabs of any books I have open with a small section of the current tab visible. The only way I have figured to get out of it is to attach my keyboard, double click on the icon in the taskbar  to minimize the Logos window to the taskbar and then double click again to maximize it and then it maximizes to full screen. Anyone else having trouble with Logos in Tablet Mode?

Posts 989
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 3:59 PM

I have something similar with my Venue 8 Pro IF I am using the tablet mode of Win 10 when I start up Logos.

I have decided that for my uses I do not need the Tablet mode of Win 10 normally so I have disabled the auto start in tablet mode anyway. Hence I don't need to remember to take it out of tablet mode before starting Logos. I would love to know if the problem is with Win 10 or with Logos. I suspect that it is with Win 10.

Once Logos is up and running it does not seem to matter if I change Win10 to Tablet mode.

It actually got me worried when I first discovered it as I thought that Logos would not run at all on my machine.

I would be interested to know if starting Logos when Win 10 not in tablet mode worked for you also. And that you can then change into tablet mode and continue to run Logos with no problems.

Glad to hear that I am not the only one with the problem!!

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 6:06 PM

Thomas Toews:
Anyone else having trouble with Logos in Tablet Mode?
Yes, and it was not present on W8. As John said, The fix is to run in desktop mode. Unless you have a need for the metro apps or something.

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2016 7:58 PM

It would be great, grand, and desirable if Faithlife/Logos actually cared about Logos on a Windows Tablet.

...maybe they could hire back some of those they layed off to make Logos powerful/useful on any and all Windows tablets.

Posts 9
Thomas Toews | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 6:03 AM

JoshInRI:
It would be great, grand, and desirable if Faithlife/Logos actually cared about Logos on a Windows Tablet.

I don't know any of the history on this but I would like to see features added to the UI to make Logos work better with touch tablets.

Posts 258
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 7:24 AM

Thomas Toews:

JoshInRI:

I don't know any of the history on this but I would like to see features added to the UI to make Logos work better with touch tablets.

As well as some kind of library management feature to be able to limit the library on a device that has less storage

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 7:27 AM

danwdoo:
As well as some kind of library management feature to be able to limit the library on a device that has less storage

YesYes

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS