Add note to resource

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3258
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 22 2010 1:42 PM

I am reading through Revelation and want to add a note to "Studies in Revelation" a particular book, but when I select a word add new note, and place the note it only appears in my bible, and not the resource were I want it.

Is this not possible yet?

Posts 41
Paul Davey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 8:22 AM

Sometimes the yellow footnote symbol appears at the beginning of the section.  In the case of a verse-by-verse commentary, this might be at the start of the section on that current verse.

Posts 255
Pat Flanakin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 8:24 AM

Highlight the text where you want the yellow note tag to appear, then right click and ensure your note relates to "selection."  You should be good.  Please report back what happens.

Posts 3258
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 10:05 AM

Yep they all show up in the main headings and not where I intend them within the resource- this is not helpful at all.

Posts 41
Paul Davey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 7:12 AM

Please read this thread and see if it helps - I think it has to do with how you "select" the word.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/10145/80206.aspx#80206

Logos is a bit picky!

Posts 3258
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 11:33 AM

Thanks I read that- but still, no help. If I am reading a resource such as the BECNT on Revelation and wish to make notes on certain parts- it does not take it. But will make a note on any bible reference.

Notes is not working "within" other resources- my question remains is this not possible and if it is, where is the documentation- its not in the helps menu.

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 11:44 AM

Whyndell

Have you tried selecting a word or phrase before you make the note? If I select first, then right click, the note shows up within the resource. If I just right click, it shows up in the Bible text and at the heading within the resource.

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 30202
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 11:51 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:
Notes is not working "within" other resources

Are you running the beta or the last formal release? In the beta you should be getting:

This lets you do what you want.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3258
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 12:48 PM

Ok _ I got it now- thanks, one little step was messing me up.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS