Homepage Layouts not working anymore

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2068
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 28 2016 7:48 PM

When I have a different layout open and then go to the homepage and click on a Bible Reading plan, it simply loads the appropriate bible into the current layout instead of switching to my preferred "Bible reading layout" as I have it set in the layouts menu. If, on the other hand, I clear all resources before going to the homepage, it correctly loads the desired layout.

Am I alone in this?

Posts 3356
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 8:05 PM

Hi Reuben

it works fine here

Posts 25462
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 8:54 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

When I have a different layout open and then go to the homepage and click on a Bible Reading plan, it simply loads the appropriate bible into the current layout instead of switching to my preferred "Bible reading layout" as I have it set in the layouts menu. If, on the other hand, I clear all resources before going to the homepage, it correctly loads the desired layout.

Am I alone in this?

I see the same thing.

This is how it worked during the beta -layout only used if no resources open - and I assume this is how it is designed

Posts 3356
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 9:14 PM

after I read your Text again...Yes it's the same here also

Posts 34349
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2016 9:25 PM

Reuben Helmuth:
Am I alone in this?

No, that is how it has worked for years.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5933
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 29 2016 12:24 AM

MJ. Smith:

Reuben Helmuth:
Am I alone in this?

No, that is how it has worked for years.

Concur with MJ this is the way these layouts have always worked. The logic is that you already are in a workspace Logos will not override that workspace if you initiate a new activity from the Home Page which I tend to agree with this behaviour.  The workaround is to add a close all command to your short-cut bar.  If you have finished with your current workspace and want to do something new then use this short cut to close everything (or type Close All in the command box and then initiate your new activity form the home page whether it be a bible reading or a passage or topic study from the Go Box. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS