Unable to perform Syntax Search

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8
Alan | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 9 2016 10:04 AM

My version of Logos is supposed to have Syntax Search capability, but I receive the following message when attempting this type of search:

"Syntax features are currently disabled because the necessary resources are currently unavailable."

Under Help, About Logos Bible Software, I checked and there is evidence that I should have this capability:

Syntax Search
DB:SYNTAX-AFAT
2012-06-16T01:04:30Z
AndersenForbesHebrewOT.lbssyn
DB:SYNTAX-CSGNTSBL
2013-08-23T22:29:43Z
CSGNTSBL.lbssyn
DB:SYNTAX-LEXHAMSGNTSBL
2013-08-15T16:59:13Z
LSGNTSBL.lbssyn

I made sure Logos had fully updated and was fully synchronized, and restarted it a couple of times. Nothing clears up this problem. I have the Logos 6.0 Gold package.

Logos Bible Software 6.9

I followed the Logos instructions for creating a set of log files which are attached as a zip file (as also instructed on the Logos website).

4314.Logos Log Files.zip

Thanks for your assistance.

Alan McManus

Posts 27243
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2016 2:51 PM

Alan:
Syntax Search
DB:SYNTAX-AFAT
2012-06-16T01:04:30Z
AndersenForbesHebrewOT.lbssyn
DB:SYNTAX-CSGNTSBL
2013-08-23T22:29:43Z
CSGNTSBL.lbssyn
DB:SYNTAX-LEXHAMSGNTSBL
2013-08-15T16:59:13Z
LSGNTSBL.lbssyn

In Library you should have:-

• The Hebrew Bible: Andersen-Forbes Phrase Marker Analysis
  • Cascadia Syntax Graphs of the New Testament: SBL Edition
  • The Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament, SBL Edition: Sentence Analysis

Try the command update resources and if that does not work contact Faithlife Support to get these resources.

EDIT: you should also have a Glossary resource for each of these (filter Library with type:glossary in the Find box).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2016 3:26 PM

Thanks Dave. I did the "update resources" and it did update something (it didn't say what). I restarted Logos but that didn't resolve it. I did do the "type:glossary" and it shows I have 9 resources. I do have those three resources in my library, and I can open them. Unfortunately, my Logos doesn't seem to be able to access them for a syntax search. That's too bad. I have only had the program for about 12 months and all those resources came with it originally. I will contact Faithlife Support to see what help they can offer. Thanks for the ideas here though.  I appreciate your time.

Alan

Posts 636
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 12:24 PM

Hey Alan,

I have the same problem. I have all the required resources listed above but the same "Syntax features are currently disabled..." message. Sad

However, Bradley's instructions fixed it for me:

"The workaround is to create a new syntax search from the File menu [Documents menu], create a query for any other syntax DB than the Lexham Syntactic Graphs of the Greek NT, and run it (by clicking the Search button); this will reset the Syntax search tab back to good defaults."

Ryan

Posts 8
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 12:44 PM

Thanks Ryan! That seems to have fixed it for me as well. I have no idea what I was even attempting to do now. It was part of a class tutorial. I'll have to see if I can access that class info to try to recreate what I was trying to learn. Appreciate the heads-up. I was too busy with keeping up with classes and ministry/work to find time to anticipate a potentially long phone call. This fixed it in moments. Wow!

Alan

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS