Feature Request: Take notes with a stylus

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 56
Geoff Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 12 2016 7:43 PM

Is there a way that I can open Logos 6 on my Microsoft Surface or Apple iPad and write notes with a stylus? I'd love to underline and to annotate the Bible text directly with freeform writing. I'd also love to be able to handwrite notes in a notes window adjacent to the Bible text. How great it would be to do Precept inductive marking using my stylus instead of having to go through the visual markup steps with a mouse and keyboard.

Posts 1323
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2016 8:06 PM

Yes! It's about time FL invests resources in making their flagship Windows app more touch-enabled. Most PC laptops you can buy now have touch screens.

Posts 2762
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2016 8:42 PM

Geoff Johnson:

I'd love to underline and to annotate the Bible text directly with freeform writing.

This has been requested numerous times in different ways. I think a lot of us would like that ability. Logos doesn't lend itself to doing that easily within the software, and as much as I like marking up my scripture, I tend to agree with Faithlife folks who say there are bigger fish to fry than work out a markable version of the software.

Given that, there are some pretty easy shortcuts. I use an iPad, and use an app called Notability to copy sections of scripture into for the purpose of marking it up. I use it for sermons every Sunday (as a congregant...I don't pester a church). Here's a screenshot example from a recent sermon-

Since I don't see a built-in solution coming in Logos anytime soon, I'd recommend you adapt one of the shortcut methods to your liking and use it in the mean time.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1672
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2016 8:35 AM

During my otherwise sad experience with an under-powered Asus 8" Win8 tablet, I was at least pleased with Asus' effort at an alternate keyboard that allowed stylus writing, interpreted it, and pasted it into (I assume) any editable document in any app.

So I think the best bet for this issue is going to be such an alternate keyboard with a stylus option. Logos won't even need to know how the text got in there. The choice of stylus would, of course, be critical.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 1876
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2016 8:21 AM

I know this isn't exactly what's being asked, but there is a little known feature in Logos that is invoked by the F8 key. See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4XPnCbJbWo&app=desktop

FYI...

Donnie

Posts 1
Roger Forney | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2018 12:04 PM

I wholeheartedly agree I have a great hp Windows 10 tablet pc that runs logos just as it would on my desktop but when in tablet mode I.e. without keyboard attached it would be great to write notes using stylus pen as the pastor preaches

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS