Center Mouse Wheel discovery

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 23 2010 4:36 PM

I discovered in my browser (Firefox) recently that clicking on a tab by depressing the scroll wheel closes that tab, handy.

Lo and behold, it works in Logos too, very helpful for closing tabs that are not at the front of a pane.

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 4:43 PM

Hi Kevin,

This is great news!  I have been trying how to ease up the crowding when I have looked through too many commentaries without closing them one by one, or closing all the windows at once and starting over!  Can't wait to use it!

Thanks, sir!

Sharon

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 5:08 PM

Just to keep our tips together, remember there is a command "Close All" that you can type in the command box or drag it to the toolbar - when my layout gets too busy I just click the button and poof! Gone!

Also you can right click on a tab and close all other tabs, which is also nice.

Posts 3863
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 5:11 PM

didn't know that.

Did you know you could right click on the tabs and have several close options?  (close this tab, close other tabs, close all tabs?)  and "open" options, too

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3863
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 5:12 PM

Dominick Sela:

Just to keep our tips together, remember there is a command "Close All" that you can type in the command box or drag it to the toolbar - when my layout gets too busy I just click the button and poof! Gone!

oh sure.  beat me to the punch.  Angry

Smile

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 5:18 PM

I didn't know that either!  Thanks!

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 5:22 PM

And if your hands are close to the keyboard, ctrl-w will close the current tab, ctrl-***-w will close all tabs.

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 5:27 PM

I tried the ctrl-w and it worked super!  Thanks!  Didn't know that one either!

Now, about the ctrl-*** I tried it but nothing happened.  Do you have to hit shift or something because of the asterisks?  I'm sure it's great - I just gotta learn it!

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 6:01 PM

Dominick Sela:

Yes, I knew about the right click options. But sometimes I want to pare down the resource in a pane without eliminating all of them. Clicking with the center mouse wheel is a lot faster than selecting each book and then hitting the close x or doing it through the right click menu.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS