Pasting Bible text from Text Comparison does not retain hyperlinks. WIN 6.10 Beta 4 (6.10.0.0018)

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 926
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 23 2016 10:44 AM

Replication:

Open Text Comparison tool to John 1:19-22 with a Bible that is NOT the Prefered Bible. (Prefered Bible is NASB, used ESV for this demo.)

Notice that hyperlinks are active on the translation abbreviation and all verse indicators, all of which reference the translation selected (ESV).

Open a new Note file and add a note

• Set the note view to "Full"
  • Copy John 1:19-20 from the Text Comparison tool
  • Paste the verses to the note

In the note:

Hover over "ESV"
- no tool tip shown
- I expected a tool tip with passage selected in Text Comparison tool (John 1:19-22) to be displayed from selected Bible (ESV).

Highlight "ESV" and check for hyperlink address
- no hyperlink address retained
- I expected a hyperlink address that would reference the selected text (John 1:19-22) in the Text Comparison tool for the selected Bible (ESV). (like: logosres:esv;ref=BibleESV.Jn1.19-22)

Hover over "Jn 1:19"
- tool tip shows text of John 1:19, but from the prefered Bible (NASB) instead of the selected Bible (ESV)
- I expected the tool tip to show John 1:19 from ESV, not NASB

Highlight "Jn 1:19" and check for hyperlink address
- hyperlink address retained, but without Bible version
- I expected a hyperlink address that would reference John 1:19 from ESV (like logosres:esv;ref=BibleESV.Jn1.19)

Hover over "20"
- no tool tip shown
- I expected a tool tip with the passage selected in Text Comparison (John 1:20) to be displayed from ESV Bible

Highlight "20" check for hyperlink address
- no hyperlink address retained
- I expected a hyperlink address that would reference John 1:20 from ESV (like logosres:esv;ref=BibleESV.Jn1.)

It looks like the copy/paste function from Text Comparison is basically plain text, though it did retain the blue/underline format for the verse 20 indicator (making it look like a hyperlink).

>> It would be very helpful if copy/paste from the Text Comparison tool would retain the hyperlinks too.

Demonstration:

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS