Question about positioning of verse in panel when selected

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 61
Dean Stow | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 27 2016 7:40 AM

Hello,

When I select a verse in one panel (or in an exported list in another piece of software), Logos automatically jumps to that verse in an open Bible panel.  This is great.

However, I find myself constantly having to scroll up to read prior verses to absorb the context.

Is anyone aware of a setting that will cause the selected verse to be in the middle of the panel rather than at the top?

Dean

Posts 27550
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 7:51 AM

I don't think so, but what are your "column" settings at (this is a 'per resource' setting)? Does it change if you toggle between 'one' and 'none'?

Also, I assume you are asking about the desktop app (Mac or PC). This thread may be moved to the L6 forum so that you can get the best help. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 61
Dean Stow | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2016 8:28 AM

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry for the lack of information and posting in the wrong topic.

This question relates to Logos 6 on Windows 7.

I checked my column setting and it was on 'None'.  I tried it with 1, 2, and 3 and got the same result.  The selected verse was always at the initial spot in the displayed text.  I realize this makes the most sense most of the time.  I have been listening to Bob Utley's seminar on Biblical interpretation and taking to heart his remarks about being sure you understand the context so as to not misrepresent the meaning of a verse.

I may suggest this as a feature (I am sure it would be low priority) but I wanted to make sure it wasn't already there.  I am still learning my way around.

Dean

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS