Two Concerns of Mine Concerning Logos and Faithlife

Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 45 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 1:33 PM

Nathan Parker:

I have two concerns concerning the Logos desktop app and Faithlife groups that I wanted to bring to the attention of the Faithlife/Logos team (and if Bob can read this, I would appreciate it).

In terms of the Logos desktop app, I am beginning to become concerned with the rapid release schedule every six weeks in terms of the stability of the app, especially the Mac version.

Nathan Parker:

The second concern of mine has to do with Faithlife Groups. I admin a couple of groups on Faithlife that the Faithlife/Logos staff assisted me in getting launched: Prayer Partners and CSB/Community Study Bible. The Faithlife/Logos team did a great job featuring them on the Faithlife Blog as well.

However, I am starting to get people joining my group that concern me a little bit.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 2:47 PM
I appreciate the feedback concerning computers and Macs. If anyone wishes to discuss this further so as not to continue discussing it here, go to mallardcomputer.com and fill out the contact form next to my profile. I can email over some more detailed info on all what I want to do with my machine and get some additional recommendations from some of you. No worries that the thread went off topic as I do appreciate the feedback, but my direct contact info is above so we can move it off the thread. I did post another thread on here about the Mac question, but it seems people chimed in here instead of that thread. No worries though. :-) It's been a while since I've bought a Mac, so I want to ensure I don't make a mistake. I want to overly research before I buy. Thanks again!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 5:40 PM

Last post, I promise. Smile

Nathan Parker:
I am going to be rendering at least an hour worth of HD video a week, as well as possibly be gradually rendering some 4K video. Primarily I'll be using screencasting software such as ScreenFlow and Camtasia, etc., but it's also possible I'm going to dip into using FCPX as well. 

Stick out tongue Big Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 6:42 PM

Sorry for throwing cold water on the thread. I just thought it would reach more people as a second thread. 

I will try not to do that again.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 906
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 9:14 PM

Back on topic, since Faithlife groups are a social medium, how would you suggest FL govern them? It is the real downside of your Community Study Bible project (which I have contributed a few notes to, but I find the process of adding notes very cumbersome - if I could upload regular notes, I would add a lot of content) is that not everyone's insights are clear or good.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 10:40 PM

Justin Gatlin:

Back on topic, since Faithlife groups are a social medium, how would you suggest FL govern them? It is the real downside of your Community Study Bible project (which I have contributed a few notes to, but I find the process of adding notes very cumbersome - if I could upload regular notes, I would add a lot of content) is that not everyone's insights are clear or good.

I had a note file uploaded, but FL wanted me to do everything over Community Notes instead. We've got some tutorials up on how to post Community Notes, but if we can make it better, let me know. 

Basically I just want active, quality insights from people. I've been feeding in insights from my exegetical papers which has helped, but as anything else anyone wants to contribute would be great. 

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS