Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2820
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 13 2016 9:49 AM

Many apologetics books quote the Qur'an, however it seems there's no tagging to any of the three Qur'an translations that are available on Logos. Is there any reason for that? It would surely make reading a lot easier.

(If you link the quotes to the Ali translation, that might even get users to purchase that as an additional resource :-)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 1970
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2016 12:25 PM

Hi Jan:

The only apologetics resource related to this that I've paid much attention to, so far, is What Every Christian Needs To Know About The Qur'an. All of the quotes I've seen are linked.

I did a quick Cited By search on Surah 4:171 ("say not three (or trinity)") and found 42 hits in my library, ranging from The ESV Study BIble, Dr. White's book noted above (8 hits), several from the Islamic Studies Collection (CP from a few years ago), a Themelios issue from 2013, etc.

There are probably some resources that were compiled by Logos prior to the recognition of the need for Qur'an tagging.

EDIT:  Also, I think the tagging will point to your highest-prioritized edition of the Qur'an, rather than being resource-specific. If you don't specifically prioritize, it apparently defaults to alphabetically by title, in which case, Ali ("Al Qur'an (English): The Meaning of the Holy Qur'an") will be higher than the others ("Qur'an (Pickthal)" or "Qur'an (Shakir").

Window 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2016 8:14 PM

Suggest searching everything for:

<Quran Surah 1-114>

to find Qur'an reference links in many resources (personally found 17,770 Qur'an links in 573 resources):

FYI: three Qur'an translations can be linked together.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2820
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 13 2016 9:55 PM

Interesting. I've never seen a Qur'an reference linked ever. Some example core resources that entirely lack them:

https://www.logos.com/product/1185/answers-to-tough-questions

https://www.logos.com/product/26313/baker-encyclopedia-of-christian-apologetics

But newer resources generally seem to be tagged very well indeed. Quite strange that I have never noticed that before. So I guess there might still be hope for updates on older resources in the future :)

Jan

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS