Unexpected/Sudden Breakthrough: The Sacred Books of the East (50 vols.)

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 211
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 17 2016 1:02 PM

Don't know where this one was lurking for so long but it has suddenly /unexpectedly broken through the 100% mark in Community Pricing and is set to close on March 25 (on the wild assumption that anyone at Logos would actually be working on March 25)....

https://www.logos.com/product/16532/the-sacred-books-of-the-east

May be of interest to anyone working on comparative religions or anyone challenged in debating the merits of Christianity with someone currently devoted to one of these eastern faiths.

If you think you make ever have any use for any of these, this is probably the lowest price you will ever see for this set: currently at $1.60 per volume.  Could go lower if there is a surge in interest as it has been some time since this one was on anyone's radar !!

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 1:32 PM

I noticed this today too. Wow, I wonder what happened but am glad to hear that it passed 100%.

Now Let's see if we can get more people to bid so we can lower the price.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2047
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 1:40 PM

A lower price would be nice.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 2:01 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

A lower price would be nice.

My guess is that it would be entirely feasible to get the price down to $75 or even to $70 in the time remaining.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2305
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 3:36 PM

I hope.  I really want it, but can't pay that much.

I wonder what tagging and special advantage will add substantial value to these?

Posts 211
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 4:14 PM

Bid what you are willing / able to pay and encourage others to also place bids.

If more people bid, then the price may reduce.... Smile

Posts 2644
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 6:21 PM

Maybe production cost was lowered.

Unfortunately $80 is too high for me.  At $40  I might consider it...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 6:45 PM

Jan Krohn:
Unfortunately $80 is too high for me.  At $40  I might consider it...

Would you consider bidding $70? It might make it there.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 17 2016 9:58 PM

we crossed at 70, 65 is in view, and possibly 60 if we really push.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 7:45 AM

abondservant:

we crossed at 70, 65 is in view, and possibly 60 if we really push.

Well, we do have a full week left for people to bid. I think we can get it to $60. I'm going to be super optimistic and say that I think we can even get it down to $50! Big Smile

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 8:51 AM

Average Joe:
Well, we do have a full week left for people to bid. I think we can get it to $60. I'm going to be super optimistic and say that I think we can even get it down to $50! Big Smile

That would be great!

Alright people, you have one week to place your bids. The sooner you do, the more you will encourage others to bid, the lower the price will be.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 10:39 AM

This collection is complimentary to the Great Books of the Western World.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 11:11 AM

It is now down to $70.00.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2016 11:40 AM

Average Joe:

For closing price to become $ 50, need 25 % more bids of $ 50 or higher (current progress is 80 %) => The Sacred Books of the East (50 vols.)

A closing price of $ 70 is a discount of 72 % off regular price, which is already 2 % better than March Madness champion.

If the current bids less than $ 65 were raised to $ 65, then closing price would become $ 65 or less.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2016 3:19 AM

$70 for 50 volumes :-) May even go lower. This is fantastic. The resource does look very interesting :-) 

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2016 8:29 AM

Dave Thawley:
$70 for 50 volumes :-) May even go lower.

It is very close to $65 now.

Posts 443
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2016 11:04 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

A closing price of $ 70 is a discount of 72 % off regular price, which is already 2 % better than March Madness champion.

If the current bids less than $ 65 were raised to $ 65, then closing price would become $ 65 or less.

Indeed, if just the $50 bids were raised, then the closing price would likely already be at $60 and inching toward $55 and perhaps beyond—especially with a week left. That would encourage others to bid as well.

If owning this collection in Logos would be useful and affordable to any users, it's better to hop on sooner than later!

Posts 443
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2016 11:05 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Average Joe:

That would be great!

Alright people, you have one week to place your bids. The sooner you do, the more you will encourage others to bid, the lower the price will be.

Yes

Posts 5315
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2016 11:54 AM

$50 might be very doable since we have 6 days if enough people jump on purchasing it I would say $50 is possible although I am not 100% sure how likely this is since it has been easy to convince people to hop on some smaller books recently to get them down drastically. But this is bigger pill to swallow. I think it would be a great bargain at $100, offering very important texts for inter religious dialogue but how much better if we can get it down to $1 a volume.

-Dan

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2016 3:27 PM

Dan Francis:
I think it would be a great bargain at $100, offering very important texts for inter religious dialogue

You are right here Dan , $100 for this would be great in itself

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS