Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 55
Bobby Bosler | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 22 2016 1:22 PM

Posts 27643
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 2:21 PM

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2016 2:21 PM

If only that were possible without a machine in the background supporting it!!!!

Looks good though.

-Dan

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 4:58 AM

How is that possible???

Posts 1844
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 5:07 AM

duetdisplay

iOS

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 5:20 AM

mike:

Oh well, that is cheap! If I have my MacBook with me I don't need Logos on an iPad. 

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 6:07 AM

Your iPad has to be wired to your PC, right? It doesn't operate wirelessly, IOW.

Posts 605
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2016 6:43 AM

I actually do access my logos desktop remotely and it looks just like this!  It was the advice of someone on the forum (I think Kevin).  The software is Parallels Access and the beautiful thing about Access is that it formats the screen to fit the iPad and it does it beautifully.   Here's a screenshot:

Posts 410
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 8:52 AM

Splashtop will also do this, wirelessly. There may be a few other apps out there that offer this ability, too.  

Posts 197
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 8:57 AM

Mark Nolette:

Splashtop will also do this, wirelessly. There may be a few other apps out there that offer this ability, too.  

I use Splashtop as well when I need to access the full version of Verbum from my iPad. There is some clunkiness in accessing things using the touch screen, but I love the concept of a full version on my iPad.  Faithlife...hint hint!

Agape,

Steve

Posts 1726
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 10:51 AM

I use Splashtop, also, but only around home. How well does it work via the Internet?

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 5:48 PM

Stephen Terlizzi:
I love the concept of a full version on my iPad.  Faithlife...hint hint!

I'm wondering whether an iPad would be able to run a full version of Logos. I'm still waiting for Apple to come out with an iPad that is able to run a normal OS X.

Posts 5253
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 6:41 PM

The iPad Pro is more than powerful enough to take on a full version of Logos, but I am not sure FL has any desire to invest the time or money into making it. That said if a completely new write ever comes up like 4 was they may well consider it but I doubt that is coming anytime soon.

-Dan

Posts 644
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 8:14 PM

I have found this thread useful. Thanks to all who contributed. 

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 11:30 PM

Dan Francis:

The iPad Pro is more than powerful enough to take on a full version of Logos, but I am not sure FL has any desire to invest the time or money into making it. That said if a completely new write ever comes up like 4 was they may well consider it but I doubt that is coming anytime soon.

-Dan

I see. But it still runs iOS which only allows for cut-down apps. This is the issue in my opinion. We have full-blown apps like Logos desktop etc. but we cannot run them on iOS even if the device is powerful enough.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS