Bug or feature?: Notes and Highlights visual filter turns on when a note is added [WIN 6.11 Beta 3 (6.11.0.0009)]

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 752
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 24 2016 5:21 AM

I want to read the Bible text of NASB without visual filter indicators showing, so I checked Bible text only and Bible text formating and unchecked Notes and Highlights.  My Visual Filters were then set as follows: (Bold = box checked)

=====

Resource

• Addressee labels
  • Bible text only
    • Bible text formatting
    • Chapter/Verse numbers
    • Footnote indicators
    • Non-Bible text
    • One verse per line
  • Community tags
  • Corresponding search results
  • Corresponding selection
  • Corresponding words (Click)
    • Same word
    • Same surface text
    • Same lemma
  • Emphasize active lemmas
  • Propositional outlines
  • Speaker labels
  • Timeline events

Community Notes
Corresponding Notes and Highlights
Notes and Highlights
Passage Lists
Visual Filters

=====

When I see something I want to add a note to (either selection or reference), I right-click on it and click on "Add a note to" an open note file.  At that moment note indicators become visible in the NASB and the Notes and Highlights visual filter becomes checked.

I do not expect or want the Notes and Highlights visual filter to become active when I add a note - I want to continue to read the Bible text without the Visual Filter markers showing.  I want to turn them on when I am ready to see and use them.

Logs attached:

5700.Logs-Notes and Highlights Visual Filter.zip

P.S.

The same thing happens with Holman Christian Standard Bible. (I wanted to try it with a non-reverse interlinear Bible, though I wish HCSB was reverse interlinear - hint, hint; hope, hope Geeked.)

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 6:48 AM

Tim Hensler:
When I see something I want to add a note to (either selection or reference), I right-click on it and click on "Add a note to" an open note file.  At that moment note indicators become visible in the NASB and the Notes and Highlights visual filter becomes checked.

I think it would be classed as a feature - it has behaved this way for some time.

I assume the reasoning is that if you are working with notes or highlights you want to be able to see them - but I understand the point you are making.

Posts 27678
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2016 7:16 AM

Furthermore, you wouldnt want users to add a note, think it's broken, add the same note five more times, then come to the forums with a bug report. ;)

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 752
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2016 6:11 AM

Thank you Graham and Alabama24.  

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS