A worthwhile PB project?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3648
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 30 2016 7:54 AM

Luckenbill's Ancient Records of Assyria and Babylonia is out of print and made available as a pdf by the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago here:

https://oi.uchicago.edu/research/publications/misc/ancient-records-assyria-and-babylonia-volume-2-historical-records-assyria

I am not knowledgeable in PB building and cannot take the time to learn now, otherwise I would do this myself, but I thought that perhaps someone would be interested in taking this on and making it available to others (unless it's done already).

I don't know whether it has been supplanted by another similar resource (Christopher Pelling still refers to it in a 2002 monograph).

Posts 21704
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2016 8:00 AM

Hi Francis - thanks for that

Francis:
but I thought that perhaps someone would be interested in taking this on and making it available to others (unless it's done already).

However, the terms of use would seem to prohibit anyone from sharing the results of their work

"Terms of Use: The electronic files are only to be distributed from the Oriental Institute's Web site. Individuals, libraries, institutions, and others may download one complimentary copy for their own personal use. ©The University of Chicago. Links to the Institute's Web site are welcomed."

Posts 3648
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2016 8:07 AM

I don't think that a shared PB would be an infringement on what the terms' intention is, that is, to forbid official or money-making distribution: if I download it and send it as attachment to a friend by email, I don't think I would be in violation of what they want.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS