Suggestion: Logos 7 Fuzzy Search

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1222
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 2 2016 8:52 AM

I want to be able to type my vague memory of a particular verse and have Logos tell me what it is. Currently Logos never gets it but google always gets it instantly. eg. I start typing "faith proves the existence of the invisible" a misquote but close. Google has no problem and points me to Hebrews 11:3

Logos returns nothing.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 5:26 PM

John G:
I want to be able to type my vague memory of a particular verse and have Logos tell me what it is.

Thread => Logos Search FAILS discussion includes search example of:

Lord worry

Dreaming of Bible Search option to allow search terms to cross Chapter and Verse boundaries (similar to Match case); default is search WITHIN a verse.  Would like option for Bible search WITHIN a chapter.  Also would like option for Bible search WITHIN a book.

John G:
eg. I start typing "faith proves the existence of the invisible" a misquote but close. Google has no problem and points me to Hebrews 11:3

Replicated no results in Logos.  Bible Search for:

faith invisible

finds Hebrews 11:3 in a few Bibles:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 830
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 9:41 PM

John G:

I want to be able to type my vague memory of a particular verse and have Logos tell me what it is. Currently Logos never gets it but google always gets it instantly. eg. I start typing "faith proves the existence of the invisible" a misquote but close. Google has no problem and points me to Hebrews 11:3

Logos returns nothing.

I attended one of those FaithLife tours in Bellingham last year.  At the Q&A with Bob the question of bringing back Fuzzy Search in L7 came up.  Now, my fuzzy memory will not allow me to state unequivocally that Bob committed to FS being in L7, but I would be willing to say that he at least responded with something like, "We have heard you regarding this" - thereby implying that FL/Logos is definitely looking in to the possibility of bringing it back.

MJ was in my group ... maybe she remembers Bob's comments better than I.

JRS has left the building.

Posts 1342
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 9:47 PM

Would definitely like to see this again!

Posts 33766
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2016 10:05 PM

Rosie Perera:
In 2011, Bob Pritchett posted a comment on that suggestion: "We anticipate bringing back fuzzy search as well. I’m sorry, but no date is available yet." Well, come on. "No date" shouldn't mean pushed off indefinitely. Four years is long enough to wait. I hope it is something they are actually working on already.

IIRC Bob basically said that other items keep moving above it in Faithlife priorities ... so the way to change priorities is uservoice ,,,,

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS