Luther's catechisms CP closing

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2637
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 6 2016 2:25 AM

Just in case anyone has missed it. Seems like it could easily drop to $20. Two more days left for bidding.

https://www.logos.com/product/54510/luthers-small-and-large-catechism-with-select-commentary

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 6:07 AM

Just bid 20 and it went green. Maybe it will go lower yet.

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 6:48 AM

Excellent - I was in at $24 but naturally am pleased with $20 - can we get it lower?

SHotchkiss:

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 1801
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 7:56 AM

SHotchkiss:

I put in my bid and it stayed green Wink https://www.logos.com/product/54510/luthers-small-and-large-catechism-with-select-commentary 

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 2637
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 9:47 AM

I think the original texts of several of those resources will be contained in the German base packages, so it's not worth $20 to me due to danger of purchasing duplicate content. If it drops some more, I'm gonna be in.

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 11101
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 11:12 AM

Jan Krohn:
I think the original texts of several of those resources will be contained in the German base packages

how so?

Even the German Gold package (warning: ugly dysfunctional page) will only contain the "Studienausgabe" books by Luther. Of course there's a German text of the small catechism in it somewhere - which some people may have in the Concordia Triglotta German - but what makes you think you will get any of the over 1400 pages of English text that are in this CP?   

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2637
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 12:08 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/55812/martin-luther-deutsch-deutsche-studienausgabe

I don't see a full table of contents. I also assume there will be subsequent volumes in Logos 7, 8 etc German base packages, hopefully including the large catechism if not already coming with vols. 1 and 2.

Have a look at the sample pages. It's all the same well known Q&A format, possibly in different translations, and with some editorial annotations. So those 1400 pages contain the text of the small catechism 6 times already.

It needs to drop a bit more to become a good deal for me.

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 6 2016 11:17 PM

Down to $18 Big Smile Can we get it any lower?

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 9400
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 7:12 AM

Glenn Crouch:

Down to $18 Big Smile Can we get it any lower?

I think there is a possibility of this.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 247
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 8:00 AM

I love community pricing! In the week since crossing the line, we have already managed to reduce the price by 25%, from $24 to $18.

$17 is so close - just a day to go.   

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2016 3:53 PM

Thankful for projected price drop from $ 24 to $ 17, which can go lower with more community bids => https://www.logos.com/product/54510/luthers-small-and-large-catechism-with-select-commentary

If current $ 14 bids were raised to $ 16, then projected closing price would become $ 16 or less.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2016 5:01 AM

Why is Luther given as the only author to most of these, when it is pretty clear there have been other authors involved as well?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 247
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2016 11:01 AM

It's nearly closing time and it has reached $16 - 33.33% off the cross-the-line-price. 

Happy days!

Colin

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS