John Flavel Collection

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2912
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:45 PM

I love the recent stream of author collection prepubs, especially the puritans. 

Please look into a John Flavel Library prepub. I've read his Keeping the Heart a number of times and have recommended it countless others. As I look over what he has written, I long to read a number of his other works but hold off on purchasing much more in hopes that it'll be out in Logos.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2912
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 9:18 AM

Wow. Talk about speedy service! http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/6213

Thanks, Logos

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 2912
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 12:07 PM

Weird behavior or search function on the forum. If I search "Flavel" this thread doesn't come up. I have to do a Google site:logos.com search to get it to pop up.

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 1:07 PM

I have the Banner of Truth edition of Flavel's The Mystery of Providence – a wonderful book. I do wish they would publish single volumes of the Puritans. I love Flavel, Owen, Sibbes, Watson, Baxter but can't justify the expenditure of buying whole sets at a time. Sad

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 1:14 PM

Jacob Hantla:

Weird behavior or search function on the forum. If I search "Flavel" this thread doesn't come up. I have to do a Google site:logos.com search to get it to pop up.

I think that the search indexing is delayed somehow.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2912
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 12:50 PM

Alan Macgregor:

I have the Banner of Truth edition of Flavel's The Mystery of Providence – a wonderful book. I do wish they would publish single volumes of the Puritans. I love Flavel, Owen, Sibbes, Watson, Baxter but can't justify the expenditure of buying whole sets at a time. Sad

I agree. As a student right now (Nurse anesthesia) with more money coming in the future, I'm probably going to end up paying the higher price to get them when I have the money and after I've paid off my debt. Hopefully by then some of the sets are split up.

But there are certain sets that I'd just devour. Flavel is one of them

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS